The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

*Winning undefeated whilst breaking defensive records and topping our Europe League group and progressing past a knock out round. 

Do you know who decides the manager of the year?

St Johnstone finishing 5th was a bigger achievement than The Rangers finishing 1st, The Rangers only punched one place above their financial weight. The fact St Johnstone also won 2 cups makes it an unbelievably good achievement, even better than The Rangers could manage, with their financial superiority of signing superior players. 

It might also be worth pointing out that St Johnstone were bottom of the league and in serious relegation territory with a completely unproven inexperienced manager
Yet he had the mentality and trust of the board and players of not only dragging them out of potential relegation but pulling them into the top six and subsequently doing the double.

Feel free to better that with a Rangers team that has progressively got better season upon season and, league wise, only had to compete against one inept manager and a team going rapidly backwards.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Are people upset because Callum Davidson never won the award or because Steven Gerrard did......

Recycling the same pish patter that was on twitter earlier. Hopefully you arent claiming this as your own 'material'?

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Isn't it? Assuming St Johnstone were 20/1 for both cups, a £1 double at the start of the season would have got you £400 (£20 from the first cup then means you've got £20 on again at 20/1 = £400).*

And getting £2.20 back from £1 on Rangers winning the league would suggest they were 6/5. Which is "just above evens".

*Actually a bit off, obviously get the stake back so you end up with £440.

VVV

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

As far as the odds go, I read earlier that Saints were 10,000 to 1 for the double. Far longer than Leicester for the EPL was...

I'm sure Rooney said as much in his post match interview

11 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Without doubt Davidson should be / and is manager of the season. 

Unfortunately. 

The people's champion

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

So, Gerrard deserved to win the manager of the year award ahead of Callum Davidson, even though St Johnstone winning both cups was a bigger achievement than Rangers winning the league undefeated ?

Well as I explained there are 3 awards, one is based solely on the Premiership, of course Gerrard wins that and the  the other two are based on managerial votes and sports writers jokes so you can criticise their decision all you want. 

I would happily give him the manager of the year based on my opinion but that's not how the awards are decided and I don't think on the stated criteria that he has been robbed. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Gerrard should apologise IMO 

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Gerrard should be forced to apologise and hand over the award live on sky sports news.

And we could start an online petition to make him resign for his comment's. He has disgraced himself and proven to be completely biased and untrustworthy to be a factual or reasonable member of  Scottish football.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Clangers weighs in 

@jamlang22

Right Rangers fans, I know your club went 38 games unbeaten and won the league (deservedly) but f*** me if you don’t appreciate Callum Davidson on a budget that is a cleaner at ibrox winning the double not deserving manager of the year, I’m done.

Even if Rangers didn't go unbeaten we clearly had the best league performance which this award was based on. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So does the league winning manager always win manager of the year?

Not too sure tbh. I read earlier that the Aberdeen manager never won it when they last did the double.