The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

Isn't it? Assuming St Johnstone were 20/1 for both cups, a £1 double at the start of the season would have got you £400 (£20 from the first cup then means you've got £20 on again at 20/1 = £400).*
And getting £2.20 back from £1 on Rangers winning the league would suggest they were 6/5. Which is "just above evens".

*Actually a bit off, obviously get the stake back so you end up with £440.
It's just a typo where you have said the double was 40/1

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:
9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:
Isn't it? Assuming St Johnstone were 20/1 for both cups, a £1 double at the start of the season would have got you £400 (£20 from the first cup then means you've got £20 on again at 20/1 = £400).*
And getting £2.20 back from £1 on Rangers winning the league would suggest they were 6/5. Which is "just above evens".

It's just a typo where you have said the double was 40/1

Ah right, wasn't me who posted that but didn't even see that the first time round :lol:

Raging that I've just sat and done maths on a Saturday.

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Are they not? Then why haven’t you won any in over 10 years? Rangers are expected to challenge on all fronts and operating on a higher budget than St Johnstone even when in the bottom tier.

St Johnstone to win a cup double in a single season is easily up there and tbh probably surpasses what Rangers have done imo

You are looking at this through a very very biased lens

Yes. I'd be willing to be bet there's a large majority in every single fanbase that would take the league over the cups if offered the choice. I don't know how Rangers failures in the cups relate to this point either? 

Yeah I think it's a huge moment for them and Scottish football but I think our manager has performed better over the course of the season and should rightly get manager of the year. I think there's an argument to be had over Davidson I'm not saying it could have never have been him I just don't think it constitutes a "robbery".

Also mentioning biased lens in this discussion coming from a celtc fan is a bit silly. 

Edited by Stormzy

33 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That's not the way odds work. 

22 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Yeah I believe if you choose 2 sections and they rollover it is exactly how it works so 2 x 20/1 is £440 (my initial £400 was just an estimate as I don't know the odds but 20/1 for S Johnstone wouldn't be far off)

St Johnstone have won 3 major honours in their history. Davidson won 2 of them this year. Gerrard won 1 league this year. The Rangers fans claim (wrongly of course) to have won 55 of them, more or less 1 every 2 seasons, so it should hardly be a big deal. Certainly not worth multiple riots over. 

Just now, Junior_Arab said:

St Johnstone have won 3 major honours in their history. Davidson won 2 of them this year. Gerrard won 1 league this year. The Rangers fans claim (wrongly of course) to have won 55 of them, more or less 1 every 2 seasons, so it should hardly be a big deal. Certainly not worth multiple riots over. 

So you agree Gerrard has had the more historic season in winning Rangers (2012) their first major honour?

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So you agree Gerrard has had the more historic season in winning Rangers (2012) their first major honour?

If the Rangers fans (or the media) acknowledged that fact I’d have a lot more sympathy with that point of view. In fact that achievement might even be worth a riot or 2. But if it’s 55 then no way. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Nonsense. 

Undefeated, defensive records set over the course of an entire campaign, carrying Scottish football on our back in Europe. 

Taking nothing away from Callum Davidson, outstanding achievement and it's good to see. 

Pish

Winning a 2 horse race with 1 of the horses limping, or top 6 and a cup double for a club with about 2000 home fans. 
Not even in the same hemisphere of achievements. 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

However the actual comparison would be a 38 game accumulator betting on " Rangers and the draw" every time

Obviously the odds are going to differ from week to week but if you were generally getting 1/6 on then it would come to something in the range of 440/1

The timing does seem a bit rough on Callum Davidson but I'm sure drinking champagne from the Scottish cup will help him get over it

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

10 minutes ago, big al said:

Pish

Winning a 2 horse race with 1 of the horses limping, or top 6 and a cup double for a club with about 2000 home fans. 
Not even in the same hemisphere of achievements. 

*Winning undefeated whilst breaking defensive records and topping our Europe League group and progressing past a knock out round. 

Do you know who decides the manager of the year?

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

However the actual comparison would be a 38 game accumulator betting on " Rangers and the draw" every time

Obviously the odds are going to differ from week to week but if you were generally getting 1/6 on then it would come to something in the range of 440/1

The timing does seem a bit rough on Callum Davidson but I'm sure drinking champagne from the Scottish cup will help him get over it

Not sure what the odds on Rangers going unbeaten were last summer, but by January they were apparently as low as 3-1 to do so. 

https://bookmakers.co.uk/news/rangers-unbeaten-invincible-odds-europa-league-outright

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

*Winning undefeated whilst breaking defensive records and topping our Europe League group and progressing past a knock out round. 

Do you know who decides the manager of the year?

St Johnstone have just completed a once in a lifetime achievement. 1 of either Celtic or Sevco winning the league is barely even an achievement.

Celtic were undefeated couple of years ago too. It’s probably going to happen more and more as the gap between the 2 and the rest is ridiculous and to be honest only going to grow.