The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

"Soon fade from memory” was the words I chose...
Aberdeen's double cup win in 1985/86 soon faded from my memory when Fergie left in November 1986. Aberdeen's double cup win in 1989/90 soon faded from my memory when we lost the league on the last day of the season a year later to a club that died in 2012.
What hasn't faded from memory is my team getting beat from Stenhousemuir, Queens Park or indeed getting pumped 5-0 at St Johnstone. And what never fades is losing the title on the last day of the season.
St Johnstone fans will rightly celebrate this squad of players with anniversaries of this season for years to come.
It would be interesting to find out how this Scottish Cup win measures up to their first success in 2014? Perhaps that's a question that can only be asked after a passage of time. 
The fact that it sealed a second cup triumph might indeed make the Hibs victory more sweeter than the one against Dundee United.
But nothing quite beats celebrating with friends or family at the stadium and giving the defeated fans a bit of stick.
Who is the chap in your avatar?

Those Dandies doubles probably faded as The Dons had a slightly bigger win in 1983 which certainly hasn’t faded with time.

I am sure that The Saints successes will go into Perth folklore and be fondly remembered for many years just like my local team The Pars and their halcyon days in the 60s are in West Fife.

We should all be grateful when any trophies go to teams outside the OF.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Would Davidson have won the league with Rangers? Possibly.

Would Gerrard have won the cup double with St. Johnstone? Undoubtedly.

You have your “possibly” and “undoubtedly” the wrong way round. Undoubtedly.

26 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Those Dandies doubles probably faded as The Dons had a slightly bigger win in 1983 which certainly hasn’t faded with time.

I am sure that The Saints successes will go into Perth folklore and be fondly remembered for many years just like my local team The Pars and their halcyon days in the 60s are in West Fife.

We should all be grateful when any trophies go to teams outside the OF.

Wholeheartedly agree with these comments and I reject my own curmudgeon stance yesterday evening.

The Saints fans deserve to milk this double cup win for all its worth like the Dons have with ECWC. It's a brilliant achievement from the club.

And certainly agree with the final sentence. St Johnstone have walked off with more trophies than any other club this season, and their manager was richly deserving of MOTY...but we all know how Scottish football works and the fact that he wasn't officially named MOTY certainly doesn't mean he wasn't MOTY.

It's three major trophies and counting for the Saints and it would be great to see the people of Perth and the surrounds back the club similar to what happened when they first moved to McDermid.