The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

Supporting Rangers really is like being in a cult. Brainwashed and defend to the hill.

Lets be clear, Rangers have had a tremendous season and going undefeated is fantastic but for a team with the budget of an Old Firm team to do this is not inconceivable i.e. it was done only a few years ago by the other half. The cup failures have to be taken in to account.

What St. Johnstone and Calum Davidson have done, a diddy team winning both domestic cups, yes St. fucking Johnstone winning both cups!, is simple remarkable, (insert five other superlatives) and in the current climate of Scottish football won't happen again in our lifetime. An Old Firm team going undefeated will. Let's not forget sneaking into Top Six and qualifying for Europe.

It's not even close and, yet again, it'll only be Rangers fans who see it any other way. 

Edited by mwellhighland

Ah right, wasn't me who posted that but didn't even see that the first time round [emoji38]
Raging that I've just sat and done maths on a Saturday.

Chick Young would argue it was arithmetic not maths.
Chick Young would be correct that it was arithmetic but wrong that it wasn't maths.
Chick Young is an absolute tool.

Imagine being so fucking staunch that you feel you are duty bound to try and argue that Rangers winning the league is somehow a better achievement than fucking St Johnstone, St Johnstone, winning both cups? Imagine that mindset, knowing everyone will laugh at you, but doing it anyway. Incredible.

The basic mistake we're all making here is that we are viewing this as supporters (fans)  of our respective teams.  The Rangers element are proving once again they are not supporters of a football team,  they are fanatics.  On purely footballing terms this isn't even debatable.  St.  Johnstone are clearly a team that are superbly coached.  Rangers are a superb team.   This a management award and as such Calum Davidson absolutely strolls it.

From a relatively unbiased opinion, other than having a deep dislike of either of the cheeks, The rangers have been very impressive this season.
Getting so far in Europe in something that is completely set up to prevent diddy teams from even getting into the group stages let alone qualifying out of them was impressive too.
That said, double cup wins are pretty rare events, so personally my vote would have gone to Davidson but not surprised it went to a manager that had access to so much more funds to win a league that only one other team could stop and had Lennon at the helm.
Well done StevieG, well done indeed.

From a very petty point of view it’s also winds me up that their invincible season came with an offside equaliser at Fir Park lol. Anyway rangers fans keep kidding on you’ve overachieved it’s very funny. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Winning 2 cups with St Johnstone is a bigger achievement than winning the league undefeated with Rangers.

It's really that simple.

Nobody is even arguing that. The question is if he was robbed or not. The way the awards are given are based on Prem performence, a fellow manager award and a sports writer awards. Based on the criteria he wasn't robbed and Gerrard getting the awards are deserved but Saints winning the cup double is undoubtedly a greater/bigger achievement overall. 

Anyway the awards are meaningless, I'm sure the Saints fans don't really care about that award after winning both cups. They'll remember this season for years to come and I doubt they'll pay much thought to the manager of the year awards. 

Edited by Stormzy

They thought it was a massive achievement to win the Championship at the second attempt with a budget exponentially larger than everyone else put together, so this should be no surprise.

You get the impression that successfully getting out of bed and staggering to the breakfast table must be deserving of a round of applause if it's done while wearing The Rangers pyjamas.

Just seen Gerrard sneaking out Davidson’s gaff with a 4K TV.  Wee Morelos was running in circles around him holding up his ten fingers and shushing the hedges around the empty area. Got the robbery reported right enough. 

8 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Nobody is even arguing that. The question is if he was robbed or not. The way the awards are given are based on Prem performence, a fellow manager award and a sports writer awards. Based on the criteria he wasn't robbed and Gerrard getting the awards are deserved but Saints winning the cup double is undoubtedly a greater/bigger achievement overall. 

Anyway the awards are meaningless, I'm sure the Saints fans don't really care about that award after winning both cups. They'll remember this season for years to come and I doubt they'll pay much thought to the manager of the year awards. 

So, Gerrard deserved to win the manager of the year award ahead of Callum Davidson, even though St Johnstone winning both cups was a bigger achievement than Rangers winning the league undefeated ?

Just now, bennett said:

Are people upset because Callum Davidson never won the award or because Steven Gerrard did......

Because Callum Davidson never. Nobody really cares that much about Gerrard for non old firm fans to rally against him. He’s not unlikeable and there’s no reason to go after him. This is an unprecedented achievement for the domestically dominant team of the season to be a non old firm club. The media and rangers fans have persuaded themselves they’ve really done something but if it didn’t stop ten and it wasn’t their first trophy in years then Rangers fans would be disappointed overall in my honest opinion. 

If this was the case, why bother pointlessly putting out the strongest team every week after the league was won rather than blooding youth players?
I'm pretty sure not losing a league game was a major deciding factor in a two horse competition as to where MOTY ended up. Personally, it was the only reason Gerrard won it.

Clangers weighs in 

@jamlang22

Right Rangers fans, I know your club went 38 games unbeaten and won the league (deservedly) but f*** me if you don’t appreciate Callum Davidson on a budget that is a cleaner at ibrox winning the double not deserving manager of the year, I’m done.

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

St Johnstone have won 3 major honours in their history. Davidson won 2 of them this year. Gerrard won 1 league this year. The Rangers fans claim (wrongly of course) to have won 55 of them, more or less 1 every 2 seasons, so it should hardly be a big deal. Certainly not worth multiple riots over. 

3 trophies in 137 years is 1 every 45 years, 1 in 9 years is 1 every 9 years. Not sure what point I'm making here :lol: