WoSFL Friendlies

8 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

I've seen loads of non league in Scotland but have one question (applicable now more than ever) Can you drink alcohol on the terraces ? Not seen it very much before.

Erm,...Andy,...old chapbean....I'm thinking that if you can smuggle it in to the ground then we can can probably give it a wee shot to try to get rid of it for you.

11 hours ago, Ajs said:

To be honest I am glad to be back watching football again. All clubs suffered financially so it's good to contribute.

All the Lok friendlies have sold out  -just think fans are desperate to get back to a game.

on the drink question grounds at WOS level aren’t covered by the legislation so you can have a beer on the terraces side subject to the clubs own rules.If however the ground is a Council owned facility and not owned by the club eg Petershill/Kilwinning etc I would be careful too!

AIIU Petershill is now leased to Partick Thistle Charitable Trust for 25 years.

21 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

All the Lok friendlies have sold out  -just think fans are desperate to get back to a game.

on the drink question grounds at WOS level aren’t covered by the legislation so you can have a beer on the terraces side subject to the clubs own rules.If however the ground is a Council owned facility and not owned by the club eg Petershill/Kilwinning etc I would be careful too!

My mate lit a fag at the far side at Petershill one day and I thought they were going to abandon the game!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Thanks for coming down! I probably saw you coming in as I was on the gate before I went down to run the line!

Probably me and my mate were over the far side next to the covered enclosure.

Making the most of the early friendly games to get some new grounds in, in recent weeks i’ve also been to Johnstone and Arniston as well as a couple of Fife amateur ones.

Your ground is really interesting as it’s an ex old SFL ground where Cowden have played.

21 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Glad that you're getting back to games now, I'd be happy to be around crowds of 2-300 within reason, I don't know the % risk involved. Really think that the problems are 100% within the clubhouses - massive income streams. I've seen loads of non league in Scotland but have one question (applicable now more than ever) Can you drink alcohol on the terraces ? Not seen it very much before.

I think if you were to decant some voddy or similar into a coke bottle you wouldn't encounter resistance anywhere. 

And depending on where you are a complete blind eye is turned to boozing and tbh I've never seen any real trouble beyond middle aged guys leaving pish patches on the front of their George at ASDA denims  after a covert pish behind an enclosure. 

On 11/06/2021 at 19:41, Andy groundhopper said:

From what I've heard down south, crowds of 500, no distancing, no masks, no taking of details for tracking etc, just a free for all it seems.  I would be glad to attend, but would be masked up and at arm's length from everyone - unsociable I agree 👊

Even though COVID doesn't spread outdoors in the fresh air?

17 hours ago, andy25 said:
21 hours ago, Ajs said:
At my first game for ages- Glenafton v Kello ended 3-1 for Glenafton. Crowd of maybe 70ish and £5 to get in. Good game with a few young players on in 2nd half for both teams. Great to be back watching football again.

£5 for a friendlys a bit steep. Most teams are charging a couple of quid or having a donation box.

After the last year or so I can't begrudge teams trying to make a bit of money

On 12 June 2021 at 17:23, Andy groundhopper said:

Glad that you're getting back to games now, I'd be happy to be around crowds of 2-300 within reason, I don't know the % risk involved. Really think that the problems are 100% within the clubhouses - massive income streams. I've seen loads of non league in Scotland but have one question (applicable now more than ever) Can you drink alcohol on the terraces ? Not seen it very much before.

May i suggest Andy you get some training in before you sample the local Scottish non league alcohol scene.

One half bottle of Buckfast Tonic Wine and two cans of Tennents Lager to start with.

Hopefully you have a back garden or grass area nearby to you're residence.

Best to build up over a few sessions.

By the end of training you should be able to handle a full bottle of Buckfast and six tins of Tennents Lager plus a couple of joints.

Best to rearrange you're home furniture, maybe put the TV in a locked room and give someone the key.

Pick a Scottish non league game that attracts a crowd. Keep the picnic drinks concealed on entry to the ground. You don't want piss off some committee man. Go to the shed were the bulk of the home crowd congregate. Don't worry to much about social distancing, three Buckfast bottles apart should be enough. If you feeling uneasy about sharing take paper cups with you. The locals will appreciate that. By the end of the game you should be on first name terms with the six people standing around you.

If you do this correctly within several games (at the most) you should have free digs sorted for the next several seasons.

Enjoy

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:
14 minutes ago, Eric said:
After the last year or so I can't begrudge teams trying to make a bit of money

There's a difference between making money and ripping the pish.

It was a donation at Larkhall yesterday, that way you can have as much urine extracted as you want. I put a couple of hundred quid into the bucket. Hope it got to the treasurer. 

It was a donation at Larkhall yesterday, that way you can have as much urine extracted as you want. I put a couple of hundred quid into the bucket. Hope it got to the treasurer. 
Good for you.

Tried that Buckfast a few years ago, must be an acquired taste ! Just wondered about drinking on the terraces IF the clubhouses are/were a possible no go area. Getting old I can handle a couple of pre match pints - then try and hold it in  ! Glad that fans are getting a few games now - back up in Sept and Nov, can't wait.

33 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Looking at midweek fixtures and I think I'll probably go to Yoker v Maryhill on Wednesday night provided spectators are allowed. Anyone know what the script is there?

It's a 7.45 kickoff - in terms of letting people in not heard anything definite yet one way or the other - obviously the decision's entirely down to the home club, but I think those that aren't will be the exception rather than the rule at this point.

14 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

It's a 7.45 kickoff - in terms of letting people in not heard anything definite yet one way or the other - obviously the decision's entirely down to the home club, but I think those that aren't will be the exception rather than the rule at this point.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on Twitter, hopefully get along.

6 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

May i suggest Andy you get some training in before you sample the local Scottish non alcohol league scene.

One half bottle of Buckfast Tonic Wine and two cans of Tennents Lager to start with.

Hopefully you have a back garden or grass area nearby to you're residence.

Best to build up over a few sessions.

By the end of training you should be able to handle a full bottle of Buckfast and six tins of Tennents Lager plus a couple of joints.

Best to rearrange you're home furniture, maybe put the TV in a locked room and give someone the key.

Pick a Scottish non league game that attracts a crowd. Keep the picnic drinks concealed on entry to the ground. You don't want piss off some committee man. Go to the shed were the bulk of the home crowd congregate. Don't worry to much about social distancing, three Buckfast bottles apart should be enough. If you feeling uneasy about sharing take paper cups with you. The locals will appreciate that. By the end of the game you should be on first name terms with the six people standing around you.

If you do this correctly within several games (at the most) you should have free digs sorted for the next several seasons.

Enjoy

As I said generally a good bit of scope to have a beer at a game but got to be a wee bit careful in Council owned grounds where the club doesn’t own their ground like Kilwinning ,Peasy etc

11 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

As I said generally a good bit of scope to have a beer at a game but got to be a wee bit careful in Council owned grounds where the club doesn’t own their ground like Kilwinning ,Peasy etc

Those lads at Pollok are always good for a smoke if that's yer thing.