WoSFL Friendlies

On 22/05/2021 at 15:58, Kennie said:

Spectators allowed in Tier 2 Lockdown.

250 Maximum.

Goes up to 500 Maximum in Tier 1.

You might want to read what i have just posted on the Coronavirus in the general nonsense form

1 hour ago, maicoman said:

You might want to read what i have just posted on the Coronavirus in the general nonsense form

Here's the latest official guidance dated 14 May...it's pretty unequivocal regarding 250 at standing events, but of course certain organisations might want to implement their own take on things:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadia-and-live-events-advice-for-event-organisers/pages/annexes/

I've been to 6 games so far over the last week involving WoSFL teams.

3 of the games were in a public park/cage type set up.

Crowds were in the 40/60 bracket. Only once was i asked for track and trace details. Considering it was 99% family and friends  any risk looked minimal.

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

You might want to read all the replies to you in that thread, and the posts in this very thread about people literally attending matches.

On 06/06/2021 at 09:39, Tutankhamen said:

Saw a game on Friday night followed by two on Saturday.

Guessing between the three games there was no more than a130 spectators in total.

Two of the games held in public parks/cages, there was no dressing room facilities open yet. The weather was obviously fine so that wasn't a problem.

All three games were openly advertised on social media but outside of family and friends i was the only neutral i saw from the football geek community i know on here.

There was no entrance money asked for at any of the three games.

the Euros are going to keep a lot of people in the pub/ hoose at this stage. 

hopefully the punters start rolling in when the proper competitive football starts. 

Glad that you're getting back to games now, I'd be happy to be around crowds of 2-300 within reason, I don't know the % risk involved. Really think that the problems are 100% within the clubhouses - massive income streams. I've seen loads of non league in Scotland but have one question (applicable now more than ever) Can you drink alcohol on the terraces ? Not seen it very much before.

At my first game for ages- Glenafton v Kello ended 3-1 for Glenafton. Crowd of maybe 70ish and £5 to get in. Good game with a few young players on in 2nd half for both teams. Great to be back watching football again.

At my first game for ages- Glenafton v Kello ended 3-1 for Glenafton. Crowd of maybe 70ish and £5 to get in. Good game with a few young players on in 2nd half for both teams. Great to be back watching football again.
Agree with your sentiments, Kello will do alright and Glens will be fine in their transition, some good young players on show today from both teams!

4 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Vale of Leven 0-6 Greenock. Well beaten by a better and much more clinical team on the day, even if I thought 6 was a bit harsh. Official attendance 87, great to have fans back at Millburn. 

20210612_135934.jpg

I was there today.

£5 for a friendlys a bit steep. Most teams are charging a couple of quid or having a donation box.

14 minutes ago, andy25 said:
3 hours ago, Ajs said:

£5 for a friendlys a bit steep. Most teams are charging a couple of quid or having a donation box.

Its what Pollok are charging for next weeks game although it is home fans only. I believe it has sold out

22 minutes ago, andy25 said:
25 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:
Its what Pollok are charging for next weeks game although it is home fans only. I believe it has sold out

I seen that . Shocking for a friendly.

To be honest I am glad to be back watching football again. All clubs suffered financially so it's good to contribute.