WoSFL Friendlies

What is the current lay of the land in terms of actually watching games in tier 2?

Obviously these are friendlies and not really advertised but the play-offs has fans at it so I wondered what the script was.

Is it a case of fans are still banned or just a case of they wouldn’t have been bothering to charge entry even if these games were pre-plague times because they’re bounce games?

EDIT: For the sake of openness, I am in tier 2 North Lanarkshire and would only be going to games that are in tier 2 locally that can be accessed without going through Glasgow.

Edited by VillanoXIV

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Guessing Glasgow teams can't play outside the city until level 3 precautions are lifted.

Adult football or training is not allowed in tier 3 areas or players from Glasgow can’t travel into level 2 to train or play

if you hadn't posted the link i wouldn't have known that Johnstone Burgh were playing ! so cheers in a way for giving me a football fix

Do you think Glasgow Perthshire vs Arthurliewill go ahead or will it fall victim to the Tier 3 kerfuffle ?

Edited by Eric's Cantina

1 hour ago, Eric's Cantina said:

if you hadn't posted the link i wouldn't have known that Johnstone Burgh were playing ! so cheers in a way for giving me a football fix

Do you think Glasgow Perthshire vs Arthurliewill go ahead or will it fall victim to the Tier 3 kerfuffle ?

Depends on how well Glasgow City Area deal with the April 02 Variant.

It's to be reviewed on Friday.

3 hours ago, VillanoXIV said:

What is the current lay of the land in terms of actually watching games in tier 2?

Obviously these are friendlies and not really advertised but the play-offs has fans at it so I wondered what the script was.

Is it a case of fans are still banned or just a case of they wouldn’t have been bothering to charge entry even if these games were pre-plague times because they’re bounce games?

EDIT: For the sake of openness, I am in tier 2 North Lanarkshire and would only be going to games that are in tier 2 locally that can be accessed without going through Glasgow.

I don't think there is any legal reason preventing clubs allowing spectators - up to the maximum of 250 - so assume it's up to the clubs. The relevant legislation is here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/344/schedule/3/part/4

Also, fairly sure you don't need to avoid Glasgow if you are just travelling through - "a person who does not live in a Level 3 area may travel through it in order to reach a place outwith the area" see 14 (2) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/344/schedule/4/part/4

MATCH OFF || Glasgow Perthshire v Arthurlie

Saturday's proposed friendly away at Glasgow Perthshire has been postponed due to Glasgow City remaining under Level 3 of Covid Protection for a further week.

The next friendly match will be on Saturday 12th June, away at Neilston.

• 2 weeks later...

Confusing stuff over the fans, down south anyway, thought fans couldn't attend at 'proper' grounds - then heard of 500+ at low level parks pitches, with NO protocols except for the clubhouses. Hopefully  you can see some games asap, I was meant to be in Scotland for July but that's died a death, sadly. 

Saw a game on Friday night followed by two on Saturday.

Guessing between the three games there was no more than a130 spectators in total.

Two of the games held in public parks/cages, there was no dressing room facilities open yet. The weather was obviously fine so that wasn't a problem.

All three games were openly advertised on social media but outside of family and friends i was the only neutral i saw from the football geek community i know on here.

There was no entrance money asked for at any of the three games.

On 05/06/2021 at 20:48, Andy groundhopper said:

Confusing stuff over the fans, down south anyway, thought fans couldn't attend at 'proper' grounds - then heard of 500+ at low level parks pitches, with NO protocols except for the clubhouses. Hopefully  you can see some games asap, I was meant to be in Scotland for July but that's died a death, sadly. 

Fans are allowed to attend games all over Scotland now according to Scottish Government rules, providing certain protocols are followed. Capacity so far is limited, but few clubs at this level will have to worry about the limit.

I've been to a few games myself recently, one SWPL, one North Caledonian league, both allowed fans. I've also been to some amateur games but as they were literally played in public parks, they had no doors to close so that's slightly different. Some games are still being played behind closed doors, but that's the decision of the clubs (like not deeming it worth it to put the required protocols in place). Plenty of games are with fans now.