Scottish currency to be worth less than pound.

Terry_Tibbs

53 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

It WAS a UK vote, unless you don't believe in democracy. Result not suiting and all that. 

The UK divested itself from the rules of the unelected and regained full sovereignty. 

The largest part of UK's trade is with the rest of the world not the EU AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE DEFICIT WITH THE EU. 

It would be rather moronic to free one's self from one set of draconian  rules, only to go eyes wide open to have another set imposed by the far smaller trading partner, but you can't tell a yesser much. 

There are saner people in Dykebar. 

No team mentioned, but backs up my theory

Rangers fan = Unionist = Brexiteer

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If you’re in the EU, you’ll need to comply with their regulations.

Not up to you.

And if you wish to export to the EU, then you‘ll have to meet/comply with their regulations. 

3 hours ago, BlueBear said:

Indy might be half credible if we were not intent in joining the EU. Setting up a hard border as a consequence with your nearest and biggest trading partner is simply economic suicide. 

The sentiment of "freedom" doesn't put bread on the table, nor does it equal prosperity. 

As we stand, Scotland runs at a net loss and that economic chasm would get wider on an Indy as the country takes full responsibility for its fiscal undertakings. 

Currently an indy would equal an increase in taxation, shrinking of state benefits and Public services and infrastructure to get anywhere near balancing the books. 

If there is a bigger picture in an economic case I'd love to hear it, as the strength and value of currency is related to a nations wealth, productivity, stability and potential, so we're fucked with the first two and yet to hear a coherent plan on how to achieve the last. 

I get the impression that the natz are not big in economic modelling, far less any other. 

Thanks very much for alerting me to the folly that I have hitherto  indulged myself with.

I can truly say that given your overwhelming and incontrovertible cold hard facts that I am converted to the reality of staying within the bosom of a union that, after all is said and done, has served us do well through thick and thin.

What was I thinking of!

Again, I would like to thank you so very much for your wisdom and your willingness to impart it.

3 hours ago, BlueBear said:

It WAS a UK vote, unless you don't believe in democracy. Result not suiting and all that. 

The UK divested itself from the rules of the unelected and regained full sovereignty. 

The largest part of UK's trade is with the rest of the world not the EU AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE DEFICIT WITH THE EU. 

It would be rather moronic to free one's self from one set of draconian  rules, only to go eyes wide open to have another set imposed by the far smaller trading partner, but you can't tell a yesser much. 

There are saner people in Dykebar. 

Good post. 👏👏

Racist little Britons: “f**k the EU. We want sovereignty. We don’t need a plan!”

Also racist little Britons: “f**k independence. We don’t want sovereignty. There’s not even a plan!”

Any opponent of Scottish statehood who is simultaneously a rabid, Europhobic Brexiteer can kindly hammer a nail into their face.

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Racist little Britons: “f**k the EU. We want sovereignty. We don’t need a plan!”

Also racist little Britons: “f**k independence. We don’t want sovereignty. There’s not even a plan!”

Any opponent of Scottish statehood who is simultaneously a rabid, Europhobic Brexiteer can kindly hammer a nail into their face.

A bit like snpira then?! 

😂

21 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Racist Scottish Nationalists. 

9 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Sadly there are those who won't get the irony. 

I used to love playing with rockets when I was young lad. 

I was told Guy Fawkes was a rather nefarious little plucker. 

😉

Charlie told me to not fvck with fireworks or your balls could be blown off. 

34 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mind that time Magee was chatting to himself on here as two different accounts?

That was pretty weird. 

I was wondering which of the Celtic posters would be doing this. I'd guessed Romeo but didn't realise Magee had previous.

Sorry Romeo.