Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Stick on to end up back at QP surely.

Gary Holt missing out on another ex Livi player? 👀 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good signing that. Should get a few goals at this level. Play him alongside Gal?

Yeah I would very much expect so. I think it’s an excellent signing, especially on a two year deal. He’s exactly the sort of striker we need IMO. Can hold the ball up well, works hard and harries defenders and we don’t really have another forward like that. AND he can score goals. He must be the best of the strikers who are still available and I reckon he’s still one of the best strikers in this league. 

8 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Gary Holt missing out on another ex Livi player? 👀 

Yeah I would very much expect so. I think it’s an excellent signing, especially on a two year deal. He’s exactly the sort of striker we need IMO. Can hold the ball up well, works hard and harries defenders and we don’t really have another forward like that. AND he can score goals. He must be the best of the strikers who are still available and I reckon he’s still one of the best strikers in this league. 

Same Livingston player Partick played once then sent back to Livingston so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Same Livingston player Partick played once then sent back to Livingston so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

He was called back by Livingston when the leagues were suspended after struggling with injuries through his loan. If he's fit he should be a good player in League 1.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He was called back by Livingston when the leagues were suspended after struggling with injuries through his loan. If he's fit he should be a good player in League 1.

Holt possibly signed him for Livingston and he managed 4 stints coming off the bench before being loaned out. Even if his Partick loan was to do with injuries he went to QP and wasn't even a confirmed starter there with 4 starts in his 9 games. He actually looks good in the air for someone that's not overly big, attacks the ball well.

I say possibly as I think there's a bit of contention as to who was pulling the strings at Livingston. 

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Upgrade or downgrade from the weightlifter?

We'll see but it's not a signing you'd expect to see a team who are supposed to be going for the title making. We've got a DOF and all 8 of our signings have been from other Scottish football clubs. Very uninspiring. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We'll see but it's not a signing you'd expect to see a team who are supposed to be going for the title making. We've got a DOF and all 8 of our signings have been from other Scottish football clubs. Very uninspiring. 

Does seem an odd one and one I never saw coming. Makes you wonder who is pulling the strings in regards to signings; Holt or Sheerin or a joint effort? Latter has obviously given Seb Ross a chance. Any Aberdeen youngsters we are probably competing with you for.  Do they say in Aberdeen close to parent club or go to Sheerin. 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Does seem an odd one and one I never saw coming. Makes you wonder who is pulling the strings in regards to signings; Holt or Sheerin or a joint effort? Latter has obviously given Seb Ross a chance. Any Aberdeen youngsters we are probably competing with you for.  Do they say in Aberdeen close to parent club or go to Sheerin. 

According to our thread Miller & Mcracken had already invited Wilson to trial with us this summer and Sheerin's had a good few weeks to have a look at him now so this one seems to be on Sheerin. He may turn out to be the goalscorer we need but given we're in desperate need for a proper number 9 this season he's not the gamble I'd like to see us taking. Especially after we've just heard our manager saying we're running with a team of 18 and 3/4 loans so we essentially have 1 more permanent signing to come. 

With Sheerin you'd like to think we'll get first choice on the Aberdeen youngsters but of course it doesn't always work like that. Ruth's been the only one mentioned in the papers so far.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

According to our thread Miller & Mcracken had already invited Wilson to trial with us this summer and Sheerin's had a good few weeks to have a look at him now so this one seems to be on Sheerin. He may turn out to be the goalscorer we need but given we're in desperate need for a proper number 9 this season he's not the gamble I'd like to see us taking. Especially after we've just heard our manager saying we're running with a team of 18 and 3/4 loans so we essentially have 1 more permanent signing to come. 

With Sheerin you'd like to think we'll get first choice on the Aberdeen youngsters but of course it doesn't always work like that. Ruth's been the only one mentioned in the papers so far.

Holt (I assume) offered Wilson a deal after M&M were sacked apparently, but Sheerin changed it to a trial when he came in. Wilson won't boss defences but he might well get you a few goals if he gets service. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Holt (I assume) offered Wilson a deal after M&M were sacked apparently, but Sheerin changed it to a trial when he came in. Wilson won't boss defences but he might well get you a few goals if he gets service. 

That's my issue, he doesn't seem to offer anything other than what we currently have. He won't run the channels, he won't hold up play, he doesn't have blistering pace to get behind. He's very much a striker who's going go get himself in the right places and wait on it being put on a plate for him. Which we already have in Keena.

On 09/07/2021 at 00:32, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk are going to end up 5th again, aren't we?

It wouldn't be a surprise, or worse. A lot will depend on who else we sign and after yesterday's underwhelming efforts I'm not holding my breath.