Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Two of the best goalkeepers in the league and the best striker in the league. Weird signing that.

Only way we'll manage a clean sheet is playing them both at the same time

Cove sign a striker.....

The well known and prolific striker that is Ola Adeyemo (yeah I know I had to google him as well) on a free transfer. Ola, who is 26 and last played for Wexford in the League of Ireland First Divison, has had a chequered history and only played 50 competitive games in 8 years and his 11 goals have come for Isthmian League Premier Divison club Lewes and Valdres FK in Norway's 5th tier

He's been on the books of Dundee United, 2 appearances totalling 20 minutes, and Watford, when Harry Kewell was the manager, but never broke into the first team. 1 year is a lifetime it seems as that's about the maximum he's stayed at any club.

Also interestingly played 2 games for Walton Casuals, who you'd assume might with that name might be a prison side but are who actually in the English Southern Football league (tier 7)

He might be vaguely remembered by East Fife fans as he played circa 10 games for them on loan, whilst at parent club Dundee United, in 2015, without scoring a single goal. @Life on Marrs?, @Cambuslang Fifer can you remember that far back, any reviews?

Ola had a trial with Falkirk in November 2018; 3 months after Hartley left the Bairns.

So all being said a risk (lessened by only a 3 month deal) and I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed but I'll reserve judgement until I see him in action. I've heard he's powerful and technically gifted but also other reports that say he's "raw".

It's been 18 months since we signed a striker, Rory McAllister, and with Rory aging we need a striker who will get goals and link play..Interesting to see how he turns out. 

Screenshot_20210909-132335.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I hope for Cove’s sake he has matured a bit into a footballer cos he was absolutely abysmal for East Fife. We thought getting him on loan from Dundee United he might have had at least a fraction of football knowhow about him but sadly no. One of if not the worst loanee I have seen.

Edited by WhoAmI

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove sign a striker.....

The well known and prolific striker that is Ola Adeyemo (yeah I know I had to google him as well) on a free transfer. Ola, who is 26 and last played for Wexford in the League of Ireland First Divison, has had a chequered history and only played 50 competitive games in 8 years and his 11 goals have come for Isthmian League Premier Divison club Lewes and Valdres FK in Norway's 5th tier

He's been on the books of Dundee United, 2 appearances totalling 20 minutes, and Watford, when Harry Kewell was the manager, but never broke into the first team. 1 year is a lifetime it seems as that's about the maximum he's stayed at any club.

Also interestingly played 2 games for Walton Casuals, who you'd assume might with that name might be a prison side but are who actually in the English Southern Football league (tier 7)

He might be vaguely remembered by East Fife fans as he played circa 10 games for them on loan, whilst at parent club Dundee United, in 2015, without scoring a single goal. @Life on Marrs?, @Cambuslang Fifer can you remember that far back, any reviews?

Ola had a trial with Falkirk in November 2018; 3 months after Hartley left the Bairns.

So all being said a risk (lessened by only a 3 month deal) and I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed but I'll reserve judgement until I see him in action. I've heard he's powerful and technically gifted but also other reports that say he's "raw".

It's been 18 months since we signed a striker, Rory McAllister, and with Rory aging we need a striker who will get goals and link play..Interesting to see how he turns out. 

Screenshot_20210909-132335.jpg

Yeah we signed him onloan from Dundee United few years back in the Gary naysmith era’s has been with Watford B team and I think he has tried a few leagues including the Ireland leagues since etc.
like whoiam has said above he is a Young forward but was hugely disappointing with us onloan so not much to give you any nice review such as he is a young forward sorry.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Editing my words

2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

I hope for Cove’s sake he has matured a bit into a footballer cos he was absolutely abysmal for East Fife. We thought getting him on loan from Dundee United he might have had at least a fraction of football knowhow about him but sadly no. One of if not the worst loanee I have seen.

Hope he's learnt a hell of a lot in the last 6 years then! Can't really afford another poor signing. Saving grace if he doesn't perform is we only signed him until the end of December.

Hope PH is also going to use the loan market before the end of September.

Probably wise to just be signing Adeyemo until the end of the year & not on one of your 3 year deals! Thought he must be good when he came to Bayview on loan from Dundee Utd, but as bad as I've seen. Then more surprisingly ended up at Watford after us.

The fact he's not stayed anywhere for any length of time suggests to me, either his attitude is poor, or he has a great agent. Either-way I can't see this working out.

5 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Probably wise to just be signing Adeyemo until the end of the year & not on one of your 3 year deals! Thought he must be good when he came to Bayview on loan from Dundee Utd, but as bad as I've seen. Then more surprisingly ended up at Watford after us.

The fact he's not stayed anywhere for any length of time suggests to me, either his attitude is poor, or he has a great agent. Either-way I can't see this working out.

Agreed, I was expecting a 1 or 2 year deal. 3 months is essential a trial!

If I'm honest going by his track record I can't see it working either but I'm hoping for the best and expecting very little. Will give my honest assessment of him if he plays today. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922