Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

We've made another two signings today. Two 18 year olds who had originally trialed for our development team but had been referred to our first team training as they had clearly shown up well. 

Cammy Williamson left back who was previously with Motherwell's academy and Ben Weekes winger/number 10 previously with Hibs academy.

Dumbarton inexplicably sign Mark Lamont for a FOURTH time. I am so confused by this that I refuse to link to the story as I'm convinced this is some sort of alternate reality that will soon correct itself.

Edited by The Moonster
FOURTH!

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Dumbarton inexplicably sign Mark Lamont for a FOURTH time. I am so confused by this that I refuse to link to the story as I'm convinced this is some sort of alternate reality that will soon correct itself.

You mean he's signing for Airdrie? 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This is absolutely wild. Has he been in the juniors? He’s even had time to disappear and be replaced by a different Mark Lamont.

Cove Rangers sign former Aberdeen right back Shay Logan (33), a 3 year deal AGAIN, and Jevan Anderson (22), son of Russell, on a 1 year deal, who was released by Burton Albion. I think Jevan was on trial at Caley. Don't know much about him to be honest.

I think Shay still has some pace and will be a good signing for this level. 3 year deal is madness. A few championship clubs were interested in him I know.

Will strengthen the defence and give options.

Maybe another loan upcoming, who knows... 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove Rangers sign former Aberdeen right back Shay Logan (33), a 3 year deal AGAIN, and Jevan Anderson (22), son of Russell, on a 1 year deal, who was released by Burton Albion. I think Jevan was on trial at Caley. Don't know much about him to be honest.

I think Shay still has some pace and will be a good signing for this level. 3 year deal is madness. A few championship clubs were interested in him I know.

Will strengthen the defence and give options.

Maybe another loan upcoming, who knows... 

Are cove part time or a mix of both PT and FT ?

Wild giving 30+ yr footballers 3yr contracts, tho Logan appears to have looked after himself to probably play at league one/championship level within that time span, the other two not so 

43 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Are cove part time or a mix of both PT and FT ?

Wild giving 30+ yr footballers 3yr contracts, tho Logan appears to have looked after himself to probably play at league one/championship level within that time span, the other two not so 

Part time. It's madness giving that length of contract to players of that age. By all accounts Logan does look in good shape and have some longevity in him it seems.

The long contracts seems like our way of getting players who are getting offers from Championship clubs. If we get to the Championship perhaps their will be further investment in the club and more grand plans.

In the Championship, are the aging players good enough to play week in week out, properly not and they will be difficult to offload and we either play them / bench them or terminate contracts which is expensive.

Not sure I full understand the model/strategy if there is one. 

I'd like to see us recruiting a few younger players who are on the upward arc of their career but perhaps L1 is not where they want to be.

By no means a certainty getting out of L1 this year automatically or even via the playoffs

Just now, airdrieman said:

Airdrie sign Callum Smith from Hamilton Accies. 

Smith, Gallagher, Allan, McGill and Kouider-Aissa. I think I've worked out why we have only got one natural forward, Airdrie have hoovered up the rest.