Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

33 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Just read on the P&J website that Dunfermline gave Vigurs a last minute offer yesterday. The contract length was the clincher and I'm guessing proximity to his home city played a part too.

That’s a pity as I’ve been a fan of his for a while. Would have loved to have seen him at EEP and we are choking for midfielders. 

As you say, a no brainer for him if he can get his future secured for three years in the current environment.

Not quite the stature of yesterday's signings but today Cove sign 22 year old goalkeeper Kyle Gourlay who was released recently by Hamilton. Previously of Airdrie, Clyde and Elgin where he got more games it has to be said.

Will be backup to Stuart Mackenzie who was in the L1 team of the year last season. Wonder if that means our young keeper Balint Demus is heading elsewhere

Update: Balint is going to HL side Formartine on a season long loan.

Screenshot_20210624-121325.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

🤣 At least they've rejigged the order if they have lifted it from here. I remember a few years ago a news outlet (I can't remember which one) lifted the entire list, copy and pasted it into an article and ran it off as their own. It included two spelling mistakes and a couple of grammatical errors (full stops instead of commas).

Not a fan of the BBC including managers in the In and Out columns. 

Anyway, Airdrie have signed Matthew McDonald formerly of Motherwell:

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

🤣 At least they've rejigged the order if they have lifted it from here. I remember a few years ago a news outlet (I can't remember which one) lifted the entire list, copy and pasted it into an article and ran it off as their own. It included two spelling mistakes and a couple of grammatical errors (full stops instead of commas).

Not a fan of the BBC including managers in the In and Out columns. 

Anyway, Airdrie have signed Matthew McDonald formerly of Motherwell:

The funny thing is if you pay for a TV licence you are paying for them to steal your work 

5 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The funny thing is if you pay for a TV licence you are paying for them to steal your work 

Ehm, aye. Which isn't ideal. 

Maybe they do have a reporter who just keeps track of lower league transfers. They might've also pinched it from Narey's Toepoker - which is excellent, and something I use for keeping an eye on other leagues. Who knows. 

If a reporter did lift it though then the joke is on them. You could kill a full day at work pulling together this thread if you went through each transfer individually! 

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Stick on to end up back at QP surely.

My first thought as well. With Baynham, McHugh, Murray and Quitongo they might not be looking for another but we'll see soon. @Hampden Diehard any inside info? Take it you would welcome him back but where would he sit with your current strikers; starter or sub?

Edited by CoveRangers1922