Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

11 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You would be highly wrong. The whole team was built around Easton playing in the hole behind the striker. We were looking sharp and pretty ruthless. When he got injured, Ferguson had no plan B and we had no one good enough to fill the gap. The drop off was more than noticeable. The injury genuinely took the wind out the entire club.

Long story short we only won one game between the middle of November and the end of March (1 win in 18 in the league) and needed to controversially sign Mr. D. Goodwillie to keep us up.

I just don't buy that Dylan Easton was the difference between Clyde finishing 9th (I checked 😉) or 1st 😂

Best part time team in the country... 🙄

Cove sign from Ross County, their previous captain Iain Vigurs (33) and Ross Draper (32). Both were released at the end of the season. Both 3 year deals. I thought 2 year would have been sufficient!

Vigurs is a central midfielder and 6ft 5 Draper can play that position and as a CB.

Decent signings and will add experience and aggression; certainly from Vigurs. I wouldn't say this was the area we desperately needed strengthening and  worry slightly how they will fit into the side. I guess our midfield will line up like;

Masson Fyvie Vigurs Yule

Would leave Scully, Draper, Leitch as midfielders on the bench.

A striker and our recruitment is finished and we will have a stronger and more rounded squad than last year.

Screenshot_20210623-122953.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Guest Peter LaFleur
24 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove sign from Ross County, their previous captain Iain Vigurs (33) and Ross Draper (32). Both were released at the end of the season. Both 3 year deals. I thought 2 year would have been sufficient!

Vigurs is a central midfielder and 6ft 5 Draper can play that position and as a CB.

Decent signings and will add experience and aggression; certainly from Vigurs. I wouldn't say this was the area we desperately needed strengthening and  worry slightly how they will fit into the side. I guess our midfield will line up like;

Masson Fyvie Vigurs Yule

Would leave Scully, Draper, Leitch as midfielders on the bench.

A striker and our recruitment is finished and we will have a stronger and more rounded squad than last year.

Screenshot_20210623-122953.jpg

Vigurs is an incredible signing. Cove looking very strong, especially if they add another striker to compete with McAllister to partner Meggingson. Hard to see past you boys as favourite's for the league.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

6 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Vigurs is an incredible signing. Cove looking very strong, especially if they add another striker to compete with McAllister to partner Meggingson. Hard to see past you boys as favourite's for the league.

Vigurs although aging will be a good addition to play alongside Fyvie in the middle of the park as long as he keeps his aggression under control.

According to the County fans Draper is more a CM than a CB and they aren't overly taken with him. Interesting to see how he will cope in L1. He might start on the bench.

A striker and play 4-4-2 and we will have a decent starting XI.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Shree year deals! Hartley absolutely chucking them around. Two great signings for League 1 though, going to be an interesting battle at the top this year. 

3 year deals is the only way we seem to do it these days! Crazy if you ask me as not all of them will work out; lucky if half of them work out.

Vigurs seems the more capable player than Draper but we'll see. 

A three year deal for Draper is absolute insanity. He's barely played the last couple of seasons at Ross County because of near constant injury problems.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

A three year deal for Draper is absolute insanity. He's barely played the last couple of seasons at Ross County because of near constant injury problems.

No doubting that. It's a gamble if he's as injury prone as you say.

Have no idea if Hartley is planning on using him as a CB or CM. Needs to be the former to fit into the team in my opinion.

Hopefully can stay fit and dropping down 2 divisions benefits him.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

No doubting that. It's a gamble if he's as injury prone as you say.

Have no idea if Hartley is planning on using him as a CB or CM. Needs to be the former to fit into the team in my opinion.

Hopefully can stay fit and dropping down 2 divisions benefits him.

Vigurs will be a classy signing for you although he may well infuriate with his lack of application at times. Still can play a sumptuous through ball and pick out a team mate with ease.

I completely forgot we face off against each other in the League Cup group stages (again) so it will be interesting to see how the ex County boys all do against each other.

45 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are Cove part-time? They must be absolutely chucking the cash to sign that pair on three-year deals.

Yeah part time. If we ever got up to the Championship I reckon we'd be hybrid until we manage to stabilise ourselves but the end goal would be to go full time. That could be long time off.

And to complete an all-action day at Broadwood, Clyde have signed Kieran McGrath from East Kilbride. He spent the latter half of last season on-loan at Peterhead.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are Cove part-time? They must be absolutely chucking the cash to sign that pair on three-year deals.

Just read on the P&J website that Dunfermline gave Vigurs a last minute offer yesterday. The contract length was the clincher and I'm guessing proximity to his home city played a part too.