Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

3 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Genuinely, ask any Airdrie fan, he looked the business when he played with us.  Don't know what happened tbh but cant complain when he was here.

To be fair, he was top notch for Dumbarton in the Championship and that was as recent as 2017 so I'm pretty sure there is still a player in there. In general, our fans are delighted with him re-signing.

56 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Clyde sign Conrad Balatoni from Edinburgh City

Good signing for Clyde...still will have something to offer if imagine. 

as for the airdrieoniSons, Dylan Easton is absolutely stinking 

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Can you show your working please

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

He is very inconsistent and in general terms a bit of a w**k 😂 but that's just my opinion.

^^^

He’s scored the grand total of 11 goals across numerous loan spells in the football league over the last 10 years

And apart from a decent showing in his first season with kelty he’s not actually kicked a ball in a year. He was terrible with us in championship, and even worse the following year with Forfar in league 1. You’ve got yourself a dud 

5 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

^^^

He’s scored the grand total of 11 goals across numerous loan spells in the football league over the last 10 years

And apart from a decent showing in his first season with kelty he’s not actually kicked a ball in a year. He was terrible with us in championship, and even worse the following year with Forfar in league 1. You’ve got yourself a dud 

Alright so Dylan Easton is a dud,    most other fans rate him very highly,  

Talking of duds how is Eoghan Stokes settling in..😯😯

11 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

and even worse the following year with Forfar in league 1. 

Can’t comment on rest but he was good the two seasons with us , especially the second one, integral to side that finished second in League One that season.

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Can’t comment on rest but he was good the two seasons with us , especially the second one, integral to side that finished second in League One that season.

I watched a Stenny v Forfar game and, along with John Baird, he completely ran the show.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I watched a Stenny v Forfar game and, along with John Baird, he completely ran the show.

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ran the show against us the season before he went off to Kelty also.

Having seen him for Dumbarton and against us (a few times). I always failed to see what the ranting and raving was about. I also believe that this is his level as he has spent the majority of his career at this level or lower.

As I previously mentioned, he is also a bit of a tosser 😂 Always mind when Clyde were in League 2 and (I think) Barry Ferguson was in charge he gave an interview saying how they were the best part time team in the country... they finished 2nd bottom or whatever and he left the following year having hardly done anything.

Edited by squeezeboxson

14 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

As I previously mentioned, he is also a bit of a tosser 😂

Always mind when Clyde were in League 2 and (I think) Barry Ferguson was in charge he gave an interview saying how they were the best part time team in the country... they finished 2nd bottom or whatever and he left the following year having hardly done anything.

He was injured five games into the season and we were superb when he was in the team. He was out for the whole season after that. Cool research bro.

Not arguing that he’s a tosser, he left us for Forfar on a free after we raised the money for his op. However he was great for Berwick before us, great for Forfar (whenever I seen him) after us and absolutely tremendous looking for Kelty even if the standard wasn’t great in the league.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

12 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

He was injured five games into the season and we were superb when he was in the team. He was out for the whole season after that. Cool research bro.

Not arguing that he’s a tosser, he left us for Forfar on a free after we raised the money for his op. However he was great for Berwick before us, great for Forfar (whenever I seen him) after us and absolutely tremendous looking for Kelty even if the standard wasn’t great in the league.

I didn't research anything. Most of the stuff I said above could be wrong but from memory that was roughly how it went. Regardless of his contribution, Clyde were far from the "Best part time team in the country" and he showed absolutely zero loyalty to move on the following season.

I highly doubt losing 1 player was the difference between Clyde finishing 8/9th and 1st 😂 even a team like Clyde aren't truly a "1 man team".

I'm obviously only sharing my own opinion from what I have seen. I remember a couple of times when playing vs Forfar and having a bit of fear that he was going to tear us to shreds but I can only remember one game where he played well and even in that he didn't control the game or steal the show completely. 

On 15/06/2021 at 22:08, squeezeboxson said:

I highly doubt losing 1 player was the difference between Clyde finishing 8/9th and 1st 😂 even a team like Clyde aren't truly a "1 man team".

You would be highly wrong. The whole team was built around Easton playing in the hole behind the striker. We were looking sharp and pretty ruthless. When he got injured, Ferguson had no plan B and we had no one good enough to fill the gap. The drop off was more than noticeable. The injury genuinely took the wind out the entire club.

Long story short we only won one game between the middle of November and the end of March (1 win in 18 in the league) and needed to controversially sign Mr. D. Goodwillie to keep us up.