Jump to content

SPFL Trust Trophy (aka Challenge Cup)


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The tournament has now reached such a level of laughable insignificance that no rebrand or sponsor or format change will make any difference.

If the B teams can “opt out” with no penalty then I’d like Dunfermline to do the same.

Unless it returned to its original format, them I'd be likewise minded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/07/2021 at 14:20, Gordon EF said:

f**k off Neil.

You seem rather bitter Gordon, Having an Italian player has your profile picture "Cos they beat the english" sums you up

I want Scotland to improve

You just want England to lose 

 

Pathetic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrman2011 said:

You seem rather bitter Gordon, Having an Italian player has your profile picture "Cos they beat the english" sums you up

I want Scotland to improve

You just want England to lose 

 

Pathetic 

And you seem like a moron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting part of the  statement. 

the SPFL Board has now confirmed that any club unable or unwilling to field a team in an SPFL Trust Trophy first or second-round tie will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat.’
 

Suggests any club can just opt out this year which is good.  Tho what happens at round 3 I’m not sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2021 at 18:11, parsforlife said:

Interesting part of the  statement. 

the SPFL Board has now confirmed that any club unable or unwilling to field a team in an SPFL Trust Trophy first or second-round tie will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat.’
 

Suggests any club can just opt out this year which is good.  Tho what happens at round 3 I’m not sure.

 

Yep,  if your club decides not to participate in Rds1 or 2 they could hit you with a 10 -  0 defeat and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.  It's a knock-out competition after all,  just award the tie to the opposition,  no need to specify any score really. They should rebrand it the *Tinpot Cup* as that's what it has become.  

 

*Apologies if anyone has already copyrighted this name in earlier posts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuinely paid so little attention to this cup that I didn't even notice B teams had pulled out. Not even a decent reason offered among them, just pulling out because it suits them to.

To think these c***s want an actual league place for these sides as well :lol:

 

Edited by The Moonster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am astonished that we are still playing in this

Someone better warn East Fife what will happen to their social media tomorrow night when the Galatasaray fans who are commenting on everything Saints related start on this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Genuinely paid so little attention to this cup that I didn't even notice B teams had pulled out. Not even a decent reason offered among them, just pulling out because it suits them to.

To think these c***s want an actual league place for these sides as well :lol:

 

Motherwell had a covid outbreak amongst their youth squad, Livingston and Ross County was down to basically not having a functioning B squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Motherwell had a covid outbreak amongst their youth squad, Livingston and Ross County was down to basically not having a functioning B squad.

Motherwell I will let off the hook, the other two are perfect examples of why any team looking to submit a B team in any professional competition should be telt where to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...