SPFL Trust Trophy (aka Challenge Cup)

On 26/05/2021 at 08:37, craigkillie said:

A real opportunity for Killie to become just the fourth club to do the Scottish football grand slam of League Champions, Scottish Cup, League Cup and Challenge Cup. Only Dundee, Dundee United and Rangers have managed it.

Kilmarnock and Hamilton should get to put two teams in based on last year's status.

Just catching up with the 'cup' changes, farcical that B teams are allowed - doesnt that reduce it from being a Senior Cup ?  May as well make it a pre season knockout cup prior to the season ( unless that hampers non Lge friendlies)  Must be close to seeing it scrapped altogether sometime soon, the continued format changes get boring.

A real opportunity for Killie to become just the fourth club to do the Scottish football grand slam of League Champions, Scottish Cup, League Cup and Challenge Cup. Only Dundee, Dundee United and Rangers have managed it.

Aye but only one club has won a title at 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier. And I don’t mean Rangers/Rangers 2012

On 20/05/2021 at 13:17, Marten said:

I didn't mind the "foreign" teams, I'd rather they scrapped the B-teams & add some HL/LL teams instead.

Totally agree Marten, one of the best nights ever following The Sons, was seeing us beat Welsh European giants The New Saints on their own patch. 

Was the icing on the cake after also doing Connah's Quay Nomads at home 🤗

Totally agree Marten, one of the best nights ever following The Sons, was seeing us beat Welsh European giants The New Saints on their own patch. 
Was the icing on the cake after also doing Connah's Quay Nomads at home [emoji847]

Don’t tell me we could get drawn against CQN. [emoji30]

• 1 month later...

Palpable excitement after this thread garnered 1 post in 5 weeks.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-trust-trophy-draw

R1 & R2 confirmed as "regionalised and seeded". Not announced how yet.

R3 onward are "a bracketed draw will be published in due course allowing clubs to plot their potential path to the Final".

If that means a tennis-style draw... will whoever is drawn first = home ties every round, and whoever last = away ties?

I can't get on board with that seeding at all. It should just be an open draw.

I also can't agree with the OF B teams being included given they are now part of the Lowland League. That's on top of my general dislike for those teams being in the competition.

Guest Flash

What are the rules for Premiership B teams? Are there age restrictions and limited number of overage players? The Rules on the SPFL website haven’t been updated.

12 hours ago, Flash said:

What are the rules for Premiership B teams? Are there age restrictions and limited number of overage players? The Rules on the SPFL website haven’t been updated.

Unclear. They've certainly been 'rebranded'.

Keeping all B teams apart of course gives potential for more to progress... but equally potential for almost all to be KO'd early-doors.

Some weird regionalisation anomalies btw... East Fife/Cowdenbeath/Raith/Dunfermline + Stenhousemuir = north; Kelty + Falkirk = south... Alloa = north; tenants Broomhill = south... Hibs B = north; Hearts B + Edinburgh City = south.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 26/05/2021 at 08:37, craigkillie said:

Remind me, when did Sevco win the Scottish and League cups?

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

BSC Glasgow or "Broomhill" please because we have EK in our Betfred cup group, we played Bonnyrigg in the Scottish cup season before last and f**k B teams. 

Can't complain. A day out to Dumfries too in the next round if we win, depending on the crowd situation by the time obviously.