SPFL Trust Trophy (aka Challenge Cup)

no mate , you should not have been in this cup [emoji19]

Agree. Some laugh though.
We have been on both sides of this. Remember a few years ago when we were in the Championship we were drawn against Hearts U23’s I think. At that time our U23 team was better than theirs so we played them and won.
Wouldn’t be any tears shed if this was scrapped. There wasn’t much interest back in the day of it just being championship - league 2 either.

5 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Hope Rangers kids give Dumbarton a good hiding. Dumbarton fans hate this competition so i'm sure they will not be too bothered with this outcome

We'll be playing our players returning from injury and players that haven't had much game time. If Little Sevco don't give us a hiding it would be even more embarrassing than getting slung out of Europe by 10 men by the same club that scudded old Co ten years ago. 

And Motherwell. It was the 3-0 result awarded in a knockout cup that made me laugh. Could have made it 40-0 and given the “winners” something to craw about for a while.

Motherwell didn't withdraw, they had to forfeit the game due to a covid outbreak.

38 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Free entry into station park for Dundee B game 

This grits my tits. It's as if these B teams are only associated to their parent club by name only.  Not only are they discarded once they come of age but they are not allowed to play at their parent club's stadium.  Just a farce. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This grits my tits. It's as if these B teams are only associated to their parent club by name only.  Not only are they discarded once they come of age but they are not allowed to play at their parent club's stadium.  Just a farce. 

Not true of all clubs. St. Mirren have played all of their home games at SMP both this season and in past seasons. Of the squad that reached the 3rd round 2 years ago Cammy MacPherson, Ethan Erhahon and Jay Henderson have now played regularly for the 1st team.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The B teams entries are only another part in them being used as pawns in the Old Firms quest for extra teams to store young players & play them in the league structure

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Kelty and Brora really letting the side down with really poor results.

Kelty seem to have dropped about 7 players from Saturday so it was approaching St Mirren B v Kelty 2nd XI.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

164 at Stenhousemuir v Dundee United B is certainly a ringing endorsement for these sides coming to town.