SPFL Trust Trophy (aka Challenge Cup)

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Who do you mean when you say "our"? St Mirren didn't need to submit a team. 

i think you’ll find we did have to enter a team

i totally agree that reserve teams should be nowhere near this competition or league football for that matter,that goes for welsh,irish and english clubs too

20 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

i think you’ll find we did have to enter a team

Did they f**k. Reserve teams are in this cup because Prem clubs want them there. You'll notice on the SPFL website it says round 1 can include "up to 12" Premier league B teams. There's a choice, if you feel strongly about it then tell your club to make a different choice. 

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Did they f**k. Reserve teams are in this cup because Prem clubs want them there. You'll notice on the SPFL website it says round 1 can include "up to 12" Premier league B teams. There's a choice, if you feel strongly about it then tell your club to make a different choice. 

ffs,I’m in agreement with you but you still come back with nip,nip,nip

you know what?i hope one of the “big” diddy clubs win it now 🏆

Edited by Buddie Holly

I would usually never miss a game we are involved in but feel i have to make an exception as its against a B team.  The whole thing is a farce, game changed from Tuesday to Wednesday which i presume will mean we will miss our Tues/Thurs training, also moved from Dundee to Forfar which increases the chance of injuries on a plastic pitch rather than grass. Although not their fault 3 of our usual team are on loan from Dundee and will probably play against us. Hopefully we can get past this without injuries & get on with the league on Saturday. Will not be going tonight.

Edited by peternapper

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Livingston and Ross County withdrew from the competition early. Nothing to stop St Mirren doing the same.

And Motherwell. It was the 3-0 result awarded in a knockout cup that made me laugh. Could have made it 40-0 and given the “winners” something to craw about for a while.