Scotland squad euro 2020

7 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

No St Johnstone player should ever represent Scotland in any minor capacity, nevermind at the actual Euros.

2021 - Scotland play in a Major Tournament + St Johnstone reach League Cup Final.

1998 - Scotlands last time playing in a Major Tournament + St Johnstones last appearance in a League Cup Final.

Proof if it was needed that Scotland requires a strong St Johnstone.

Happy with the squad overall. It's an eminently sensible choice and while I feel for lads like Considine and Palmer who contributed strongly last autumn, Cooper and Patterson are better players.

While I had Griffiths in my squad instead of Greg Taylor, he really hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify being called up this season.

All in all, absolutely buzzing now for the tournament ahead!

4 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

No St Johnstone player should ever represent Scotland in any minor capacity, nevermind at the actual Euros.

When was the last time a Failkirk player represented Scotland?

When was the last time a Failkirk won a major honour in Scotland? 

Were you even born?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From a Saints perspective it is a bit disappointing for Kerr to miss out. He's arguably been the best Scottish CB in the league this season, so seeing the likes of Gallagher consistently in squads ahead of him, and Considine actually capped, over the past year is frustrating.

I feel your pain. It’s too be expected as supporter of a diddy club.

Frank McGarvey was never capped when at St Mirren. Once he hit Liverpool reserves he was capped.

Frank McAvennie was never capped at St Mirren. Once he hit West Ham he was capped.

Stevie Clarke was never capped at St Mirren. Once he hit Chelsea he was capped.

Dougie Somner was never capped at St Mirren despite winning the European golden boot.

6 hours ago, Yflab said:

I feel your pain. It’s too be expected as supporter of a diddy club.

Frank McGarvey was never capped when at St Mirren. Once he hit Liverpool reserves he was capped.

Frank McAvennie was never capped at St Mirren. Once he hit West Ham he was capped.

Stevie Clarke was never capped at St Mirren. Once he hit Chelsea he was capped.

Dougie Somner was never capped at St Mirren despite winning the European golden boot.

Similar stories in Perth I'm afraid. Ally McCoist, Billy Dodds, Callum Davidson, Stevie May and even John O'Neil all got capped within 1 year of leaving Saints (except McCoist who had to move to Rangers to get noticed)

Can’t grumble at that team. Eyebrows slightly raised at Patterson but then RB is always a tricky position for us at this moment.

I’m more concerned with Marshall not really playing towards the end of the season.

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Can’t grumble at that team. Eyebrows slightly raised at Patterson but then RB is always a tricky position for us at this moment.

I’m more concerned with Marshall not really playing towards the end of the season.

Craig Gordon more than capable to be #1

Craig Gordon more than capable to be #1
He's the best keeper Scotland have had in the last 20 years, comparable with Leighton and Goram. Just a bit crap that he's the age he is (well past his peak) and has been playing in a lower league this year. Still think he can pull off the performances needed though.

54 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

He's the best keeper Scotland have had in the last 20 years, comparable with Leighton and Goram. Just a bit crap that he's the age he is (well past his peak) and has been playing in a lower league this year. Still think he can pull off the performances needed though.

People keep mentioning the fact that he's played a season in the Championship but I've no idea why that matters for a goalkeeper. We know he can handle the pressure of big games anyway. He was kept busy enough this season and bailed us out of trouble several times, we'd be in the play-off instead of winners had it not been for Gordon. 

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

If we're including players that never actually played for us then we can add Jack Hendry to the United roster.

He was literally a signed and registered football player with us, so he's ex The Caley.  Exactly the same as Ryan Christie is.  Whether Armstrong played for the first team or not is irrelevant.  We were his first professional club.