Scotland squad euro 2020

Again i'd have him in, but I've found it a bit strange that a lot of folk have lumped Gauld in with Gilmour and Turnbull as being one of the future, and an example of Clarke's supposed reluctance to pick young talent. He's 26 this year - 6 years older than Gilmour and only a year younger than Andy Robertson. Not sure folk realise his move to Sporting was 7 years ago this summer.

They had one massively over achieving season before the league worked them out. Somehow that gets him in the National squad? I have to repeat that my gripe isn't against Fleck in particular. If Clarke is looking to the future with the likes of Patterson and Turnbull then why not Gauld as well?
You can't have too many technically excellent players in a squad, Gauld is definitely that. 
Selecting a goalie in the squad under the age of 45, with the future in mind, wouldn't have gone amiss either. 
Yeah, I don't quite understand everyone saying it's great to get youth like Turnbull, Patterson and Gilmour involved while being happy that the ages of our three keepers adds up to over 100.

Then again, who even keeps goal for the 21's these days?

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

If there was even a competent young goalkeeper then I'd have them in as third choice.

Liam Kelly is 25 and probably the next best option.

Although I don't really see much fuss over not taking a younger keeper. It isn't like the 3 goalies are going to keel over from old age.

18 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
38 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
Players and first clubs, get Partick Colts in the Lowland league..Inverness CT having their first representative and surprisingly GNG Oadby Town. 
scot1.PNG.1b27a80f81f95bc746f895dc4451f5e8.PNGscot2.PNG.00d7c3e62319c1fb502802164f4a557b.PNG

The Rangers fans will be fuming about Billy gilmours first club being Chelsea

Presumably its who they made their first team debut for, if it's first professional club then Armstrong's is The Caley.

23 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yeah, I don't quite understand everyone saying it's great to get youth like Turnbull, Patterson and Gilmour involved while being happy that the ages of our three keepers adds up to over 100.

Then again, who even keeps goal for the 21's these days?

Goalkeepers tend to peak later than outfield players though and normally have longer careers, to be fair.

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Don't know why we're taking Fleck and 3 left backs but aside from that it's as strong a squad as we could manage

This has an easy answer.

Tierney is having a stormer in the back 3. Robertson get injured....

Instead of switching about the centre backs you just sub on Taylor for Robertson.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Do have to laugh at the St.Johnstone fans expecting some of their players in the squad :lol: 

Aye mate, suggesting Jason Kerr deserves a call up ahead of Jack Hendry, Declan Gallagher or Greg Taylor really is the stuff of fantasy.

Edited by Miguel Simao

54 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

If there was even a competent young goalkeeper then I'd have them in as third choice.

Imagine euro 2028 ballodor winners gilmour and turnbull with big dykes up front then in goal its a choice between mccrorie or doohan and people still talking about mcgregor coming out of retirement he's 47

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

What is the script with Aaron Hickey? Don’t follow Italian football too closely but has he been out injured or missed a lot of football? Last I was aware he had been very impressive in his early games with Bologna so would’ve expected him to kick on and have been in Scotland squads. Certainly based on past performances his potential was huge and seemed like he’d be a nailed-on to make the Scotland squad ahead of a few guys that are in. 🤔

Got sent off then caught Covid and finally had a season ending shoulder injury.

Not sure exactly when he's due back.

5 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He's a racist is all. 

Hickey may be going to Celtic this summer and if he does will go straight in in front of Taylor, who is in the squad.  Hickey is a fantastic prospect and is going to be a top player.

Dunno about being racist but it’s fairly evident from his pishposting here that @Marshmallo is a clueless ballsack. His Leeds Utd superfan shtick is nauseating too. Basically Rab B Nesbitt without understanding football.

Imagine euro 2028 ballodor winners gilmour and turnbull with big dykes up front then in goal its a choice between mccrorie or doohan and people still talking about mcgregor coming out of retirement he's 47
IMO our lack of future goalkeeper is the only thing holding us back from a Spain-like dominance throughout the 2020s.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably its who they made their first team debut for, if it's first professional club then Armstrong's is The Caley.

He only signed as youth for ITC, same goes for Billy Gilmour. I think but unsure about Declan Gallagher, I think he sign for the first team but never played.

From a Saints perspective it is a bit disappointing for Kerr to miss out. He's arguably been the best Scottish CB in the league this season, so seeing the likes of Gallagher consistently in squads ahead of him, and Considine actually capped, over the past year is frustrating. Jack Hendry isn't someone I'd swap Kerr with, but I've not seen him in Belgium at all.

Understand why Clarke went with those he has though. Gallagher timed his form well to earn Clarkes trust early on, so that's likely more important to the manager than recent form. Jack Hendry is just something you have to trust Clarke on.

Don't think Clark should really be near the squad, and Rooney is arguably a better attacking threat than O'Donnell, but is a fair bit weaker defensively, so not hard to see why he's missed out. Presumably Patterson is there for similar reasons as Gilmour, in that he'll be seen as a major player over the next qualifying campaign so getting them in the squad for a month is a great way to integrate them, while also giving them a taste of a major tournament.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why are we having a training camp in Spain for a tournament in the UK especially given all the hassle travel abroad currently presents.

As long as its not Dubai