Scotland squad euro 2020

45 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Greg Taylor is a pretty pointless inclusion and fleck is lucky to be in there. I'd have taken Griffiths as an option from the bench for the last 20 mins or so if we're chasing, but hey ho. Exciting squad. Hopefully McTominay injury from last night isn't serious. 

Leigh Griffiths in London for a week. What could have possibly went wrong.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would hope Clarke has had him watched, it is his job after all. I haven't seen anything other than highlights videos but his numbers are good and his performances are attracting some of the top clubs in Portugal now. You could easily have dropped Hendry, Taylor or Fleck out that side and taken Gauld, he's more likely to serve us in the future than the other 3 and we have plenty of cover in those positions. 

Not quite understanding the laughter at Patterson being included, he's better than Palmer and we will be hoping he can play a part in taking us to future tournaments. Bringing guys like him, Turnbull and Gilmour in is to get them into the tournament mentality IMO. A great call from Clarke. 

Would agree with that if he'd taken another player in as second choice. 

As it stands if SOD is injured then we've got to throw in a young boy who (as far as I am aware) hasn't played wing back at senior level. If he's not ready we're then stuck with James Forrest who hasn't played much football.

I'm also in agreement that technically Patterson is ahead of both SOD and Palmer as a footballer.

7 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Sterling couldn't scud a tatty. He's mince (speaking relatively here) 

I'll be delighted if he's playing instead of Foden, Grealish or Rashford. 

You're right.

Just have the fear about our defence vs them.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Would agree with that if he'd taken another player in as second choice. 

As it stands if SOD is injured then we've got to throw in a young boy who (as far as I am aware) hasn't played wing back at senior level. If he's not ready we're then stuck with James Forrest who hasn't played much football.

I'm also in agreement that technically Patterson is ahead of both SOD and Palmer as a footballer.

Ryan Fraser has played wing back for Clarke too, has he not? Patterson will be used sparingly IMO. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ryan Fraser has played wing back for Clarke too, has he not? Patterson will be used sparingly IMO. 

I can see SOD picking up a knock and Patterson coming in and being a revelation. The kid's going to the top imo.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

All the more reason to start bleeding the youth then!

Ha.

Whilst I'm inclined to agree, there is a time and place.

The world cup qualifiers perhaps.

I'd love to be wrong. I saw the imbecile made some comment about Aberdeen players not being good enough. I don't think anyone has claimed they are.

I'm really disappointed for Lawrence Shankland. I think he chose poorly going to Dundee United. Had he gone south , I believe he'd have progresed more. Both Neilson and Mellon have squandered a genuine talent. I hope he gets a move soon where he'd be better deployed and get back into future squads.

Edited by Saltire

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Ha.

Whilst I'm inclined to agree, there is a time and place.

The world cup qualifiers perhaps.

I'd love to be wrong. I saw the imbecile made some comment about Aberdeen players not being good enough. I don't think anyone has claimed they are.

In the words of Zack de la Rocha - It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here, what better time than now? All hell can't stop us now!

Edited by The Moonster

24 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Got to say that's a bit fuckin weird. You'd imagine they might have phoned him instead of letting him find out on Sky Sports.

That has to have been staged. I can't believe the players that are in don't get a heads up in advance.

27 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Got to say that's a bit fuckin weird. You'd imagine they might have phoned him instead of letting him find out on Sky Sports.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That has to have been staged. I can't believe the players that are in don't get a heads up in advance.

He’s probably just happy at seeing it officially released. Nothing in the tweet saying it’s supposed to be a reaction to finding out for the first time.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pretty sure he'll have known. He doesn't even look all that shocked in the video, just smiling at seeing his name on the telly.

Good squad, I think. I'd have been tempted to take Griffiths. As others have mentioned, he'd be good to have around as something different if we need a goal late in a game.

Overall, pretty happy though. Hard to see who stops us.

Aye i'm certain they're told in advance, think that video might've just been him seeing his name up there officially for the first time. Isn't there some sort of form that's sent to clubs a couple of days before hand to release them/say they're fit to play? might be wrong there.