Scotland squad euro 2020

Patterson is a fine call-up when you consider the alternative is Liam Palmer. He's 19, has played reasonably well for Rangers, and it's in our weakest position. 

Taylor is the only one I personally wouldn't have called up, but he's been around every other squad and I would assume will be one of the 3 who doesn't make the matchday squads.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Patterson is clearly a better fit to the system than Palmer, who simply isn't good enough going forward. Hendry is the only one in there who I have misgivings about.

Hendry and Taylor are the only two who might not be up to the level of the rest, also O'Donnell. But at least Hendry has physical attributes being fairly quick and eight feet tall so that helps him a bit.

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Patterson is a fine call-up when you consider the alternative is Liam Palmer. He's 19, has played reasonably well for Rangers, and it's in our weakest position. 

Taylor is the only one I personally wouldn't have called up, but he's been around every other squad and I would assume will be one of the 3 who doesn't make the matchday squads.

If Robertson is playing wing back and Tierney LCB then it makes sense to me 

8 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Another LWB has to be there if you see Tierney playing LCB which he does. Matt Targett is eligible though and we should have gone after him ages ago he's outstanding.

I don't think so; If Robertson gets injured or suspended, you move Tierney out to LWB and you put Cooper in at LCB. 

I'd have used that space for another forward or midfielder. We've only taken 3 strikers. 

Edited by AndyDD

Genuine question as I'm surprised to  see all the shouts for Gauld being unlucky to miss out, whats changed? He's been no where near a squad for 5 years?

I see on Wikipedia he's played the most games in a season since his last at Dundee United an scored 9 goals but how many making the shout have actually seen him play.

Do we know if Clarke has seen him play, other than videos?

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

I don't think so; If Robertson gets injured or suspended, you move Tierney out to LWB and you put Cooper in at LCB. 

I'd have used that space for another forward or midfielder. 

Aye but he clearly sees that as weakening the team more and Tierney as a big upgrade on anyone else than can play LCB.  So from that point of view he needs another LWB.

1 minute ago, Dylangt7 said:

Genuine question as I'm surprised to  see all the shouts for Gauld being unlucky to miss out, whats changed? He's been no where near a squad for 5 years?

I see on Wikipedia he's played the most games in a season since his last at Dundee United an scored 9 goals but how many making the shout have actually seen him play.

Do we know if Clarke has seen him play, other than videos?

There's a whole thread on it mate. Its quite hard to find, but if you look under "Ryan Gauld" you'll probably get there eventually.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyone raging about Patterson being called up is absolutely at it. 

The alternative back up is an ageing Liam Palmer - it makes complete sense. Both in the present and going forward. 

Based on what?

If Patterson played 38 games for Dundee United this season I'd be amazed if he makes it.

Had the fear that Shankland would be in the squad.

So a good overall squad for me aside from taking the Sevco reserve goalie.