Scotland squad euro 2020

Celebrate Head Coach GIF by Scotland National Team

My squad would be as followed 

Marshall gordon mclaughlin 

Palmer SOD

Tierney robertson 

Hanley hendry Cooper kerr 

Mctominay  mcgregor mcginn turnbull gilmour gauld Armstrong christie fleck with forrest and fraser then up top 

Adams dykes nissbet shankland 

With the back up players being clark mccart Patterson Taylor Russel Morgan ferguson erahon Griffiths Patterson 

Edited by paddycreggshinpad

Patterson over Palmer.

Cooper over Considine. 

Gilmour & Turnbull for McLean & Jack.

Griffiths over Shankland. 

the rest probably picks itself. 

Edited by paddymcp

There’s going to be a lot of tears and snotters over Patterson not going, but when all he has come December is a League Cup last 16 appearance against Morton it’ll be forgotten about.

I don’t sense many surprises today. Gilmour must surely be in based on injuries. Turnbull has a claim but I’m not too fussed personally. And Greg Taylor will go for unknown reasons, if Robertson gets injured we’ll play Tierney there and bring someone else in at CB. No idea why he’s continually in the squads.

Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin

O’Donnell, Palmer, Hendry, Hanley, Gallagher, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson

McTominay, McGregor, Fleck, Gilmour, McGinn, Armstrong, Christie, Forrest

Adams, Dykes, Fraser, Griffiths

This gives 24, but doesn’t include Taylor who Clarke will definitely take. Turnbull and Nisbet probably the next two in line to make up the numbers so I’d personally have it as a toss-up between them. Both unlikely to get on the park in any case.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

There’s going to be a lot of tears and snotters over Patterson not going, but when all he has come December is a League Cup last 16 appearance against Morton it’ll be forgotten about.

I don’t sense many surprises today. Gilmour must surely be in based on injuries. Turnbull has a claim but I’m not too fussed personally. And Greg Taylor will go for unknown reasons, if Robertson gets injured we’ll play Tierney there and bring someone else in at CB. No idea why he’s continually in the squads.

Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin

O’Donnell, Palmer, Hendry, Hanley, Gallagher, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson

McTominay, McGregor, Fleck, Gilmour, McGinn, Armstrong, Christie, Forrest

Adams, Dykes, Fraser, Griffiths

This gives 24, but doesn’t include Taylor who Clarke will definitely take. Turnbull and Nisbet probably the next two in line to make up the numbers so I’d personally have it as a toss-up between them. Both unlikely to get on the park in any case.

I wouldn't take Griffiths personally. He's done. Don't think he'll be there.

Gordon Marshall McLaughlin

SOD Palmer KT Robbo 

Hanley Cooper Gallagher Hendry 

Mctominay McGregor McGinn Gilmour Armstrong Christie Forrest Fraser 

Dykes Adams Griffiths Nisbet

Griffiths would not be a started but used for needing a goal or spark he'd defo be capable of producing that. Club form and fitness aside he's probably still one of our more dangerous strikers.  

Still a few spaces id be undecided on

Edited by SmokeyJoe

I’m not sold on Griffiths personally, he’s pretty clearly finished as a top level player but as a last ten minute roll of the dice, I think he should go. Maybe not in a 23 man squad, but 26 gives you a wildcard. If we’re chasing a goal in the final group game I’d rather see Griffiths coming on than Shankland, Burke or Callum Paterson.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I’m not sold on Griffiths personally, he’s pretty clearly finished as a top level player but as a last ten minute roll of the dice, I think he should go. Maybe not in a 23 man squad, but 26 gives you a wildcard. If we’re chasing a goal in the final group game I’d rather see Griffiths coming on than Shankland, Burke or Callum Paterson.

Its a fair point he has that wee something special in his locker. I just think you'd go with players you can rely on and that are physically in shape and that isn't him anymore.

This is what I think he will go with

Gordon
Marshall
McLaughlin

SOD
Palmer
Mctominay
Hanley
Tiernay
Robertson
Cooper
Mckenna
Taylor
Considine

Mcginn
McGregor
Christie
Armstrong
Fraser
Gilmour
Turnbull
Fleck
Forrest

Dykes
Adams
Nisbet

Not sure on Paterson. He looks a decent prospect and personally I’d take him over SOD or Palmer but that obviously won’t happen.

20 are nailed on in my opinion

Gordon Marshall McGlaughlin

ODonnell, Palmer, Hendry, Gallagher, Hanley, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson

McTominay, McGregor, Christie, Armstrong, Fraser, Fleck, McGinn

Adams, Dykes

Be very interesting to see the other 6, I'd go Cooper, Gilmour, Turnbull, Nisbet, Griffiths, Forrest

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Idessane suggesting some new caps. I imagine Turnbull is a dead cert.

Sounds like pish to me. You don't give 'nods' to the future in selecting a squad for a tournament in three weeks. Gilmour and Turnbull the only possible call-ups with no caps, and both only cause of injuries,

And realistically no journalist gets 'info'. Do you think Steve Clarke is handing out cryptic clues to a select band of journalists?  Its a load of shite. Its just fandans trying to second guess and justify their positions. None of them have a better idea than any of us.

Guest bernardblack

I really like that squad. I would’ve liked to have seen Gauld, but he’s a great option to have in case of injury