Rating the club pay per views

Who was best & who was worst  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The quality of the pass to paradise was absolute shite. Stream quality was poor. Commentary team was alright for the 1st half of the season when we had Rory Hamilton, but the 2nd half duo of Gerry McCulloch/Darren O'Dea was brutal. Even had Peter Martin for a game or too aswell >_>

13 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It almost needs to be split into two; the technology side and the commentary side.  I don’t think I had too many issues with pictures apart from if you tried to pause it and restart it packed in and you had to log out and back in again.

To be honest I just usually stuck to the away commentary so couldn’t really judge others. Utd’s main commentator was ok but occasionally they got some strange almost Doric lad that got overly excited if someone made a two yard pass - was a tough listen.

Who was making the two yard passes and are they out of contract?

I paid for all of the away games (giving something back) apart from the couple that were on Sky, I paid he haw to Celtic and found a dodgy stream for the second match from Parkhead.  They must finish bottom here.

I paid my season ticket but generally I'm a tightarse.  I only paid for one away stream, a horrific nil nil with Motherwell around about Christmas time.  Gave up after that, and I can't really remember much about the 'Well coverage.  Our coverage has been pretty dece though, with Willie Garner being the standout on co-comms.  

I was impressed by St Mirren.  I also remember thinking that Aberdeen TV was pretty slick.  

Some of the commentary from the others were cringe. 

Didn't pay for Rangers TV.  They'll miss the Black and White pound and we'll bring them to their knees...  

Celtic.  Dire.  

Thought the standard was quite high overall. Lots of good work done on the technical side and I quite enjoyed some of the presentation / commentary / analysis contributions too. If anything it was some the very slick 'professional' heads that I found a little irritating.

I think Rangers should be winning this. Best price, best commentary - still partial but far less so than others and more professional. Worst, probably the crooks at Livi and the Johnnies for trying to screw the last penny from opposition fans. I say probably because I didn't pay for either stream. The rest were much of a muchness. Celtic are just fannies.
Except they weren't. This has been established a few thousand dozen times.

On 19/05/2021 at 16:54, Pull My Strings said:

I think Rangers should be winning this. Best price, best commentary - still partial but far less so than others and more professional. Worst, probably the crooks at Livi and the Johnnies for trying to screw the last penny from opposition fans. I say probably because I didn't pay for either stream. The rest were much of a muchness. Celtic are just fannies.

Dont know how many times it needs to be mentioned that the Livi pricing was to protect the value of season tickets. 

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Dont know how many times it needs to be mentioned that the Livi pricing was to protect the value of season tickets. 

Rangers offered their games at £9.99 and I really couldn’t care less that it worked out less than the price of my season ticket. Plenty teams managed to offer a more competitive price.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rangers offered their games at £9.99 and I really couldn’t care less that it worked out less than the price of my season ticket. Plenty teams managed to offer a more competitive price.

That's because you can afford it, if we had the fanbase Sevco has we'd offer it at less too. Think you only had a couple of away games where it was on ppv and moaned like bitches about having to pay it, Celtic fans wanting Celtic to have it on their ST's even, c***s are all spoiled rotten and still moan.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's because you can afford it, if we had the fanbase Sevco has we'd offer it at less too. Think you only had a couple of away games where it was on ppv and moaned like bitches about having to pay it, Celtic fans wanting Celtic to have it on their ST's even, c***s are all spoiled rotten and still moan.

My point was more to do with the claim that Livi priced it at £20 to protect the value of their season tickets. Do you really think you’d get season ticket holders kicking up a fuss because the PPV option over the season worked out cheaper? Maybe a handful but I doubt many would have an issue with it if it meant that more people would use their PPV service if it was priced competitively.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

My point was more to do with the claim that Livi priced it at £20 to protect the value of their season tickets. Do you really think you’d get season ticket holders kicking up a fuss because the PPV option over the season worked out cheaper? Maybe a handful but I doubt many would have an issue with it if it meant that more people would use their PPV service if it was priced competitively.

I would imagine a fair few of them would have declined their season ticket and paid per game. In the current climate, people are losing jobs and money is tight. Nobody knew when fans would get back in so promising them x amount of games in the stadium as Motherwell etc have done wasn't seen as feasible. If a rangers fan didn't renew their ticket then they'd lose their seat as there are plenty of others who would take it, that wouldn't happen at Livi. We have circa 1000 season ticket holders. Rubbing them the wrong way is not an option and I feel the pricing has rewarded their loyalty. I get that a rangers fan might not understand it as it's a totally different scenario. Look at Motherwell this season offering all this year's season ticket holders a free one for next season to repay loyalty...a fantastic gesture but something that, i'd imagine, is going to impact their finances incredibly. The latest episode of the Talk Livi podcast has the club secretary on talking about the pricing amongst other things, give it a listen.

Voted Rangers best as can’t argue with  £9.99, and when I had an issue getting logged on and ended up paying for the match twice, (probably my own fault tbf,) I had an email back from them confirming my refund by half time. Absolutely partisan as f**k of course, but can’t fault that. Slight negative marks for the fact that my inbox is now being stunk out on a fairly regular basis by Rangers FC offering me the latest exciting offer from Ibrox.

Voted Hibs at worst as could not believe how often the fucking commentator called us Dundee, despite Tam McManus correcting him multiple times. Got to the stage when I thought the fucker was doing it deliberately, but unprofessional as f**k.

Almost put United as worst if for nothing else the time Ali Heather got to commentate. It was one of the most cringeworthy points of the season. Nice guy, great Arab and decent TV presenter, but not yet a commentator at all.