Professional Footballers from the Northern Isles

Evening learned colleagues. I was researching a thing for my dad and found a professional from every Scottish Local Authority (Even Colin Campbell from Benbecula for the Western Isles) but couldn't find anyone from Orkney or Shetland. Any ideas?

Many years ago (late 90s) i was playing 5s in the clickemin centre in lerwick when a young lad asked to join in as we were one short, he was phenomenal , i got talking to him about why he hadn't been picked up and he was explaining that scouts never really ventured up to watch the games on the islands i did find out later  that he had trials for Rosenborg and eventually played for spartans 

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2008/07/25/sporting-chance

17 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

Evening learned colleagues. I was researching a thing for my dad and found a professional from every Scottish Local Authority (Even Colin Campbell from Benbecula for the Western Isles) but couldn't find anyone from Orkney or Shetland. Any ideas?

Not sure there are any... Certainly no-one capped.

Not what you're looking for, but the father of Andrew Watson - Scotland's first black footballer, born in Demerara, etc. - was from Orkney.

18 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

Moray Leask is from Shetland and played for Brechin

eta: Just realised he's already been mentioned in that article posted above

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

James Pickles from Orkney has played for Wick Academy and his brother John plays/ed for Brora Rangers. Not sure if that's quite what you're looking for but they've both played in the Highland League and tier 5 of the Scottish football pyramid at leasr. 

There's been a few players from Orkney and Shetland featured in Highland League teams through the years, usually when they were studying in Aberdeen or elsewhere I think. With a combined population pushing 50,000 there must be some good enough to play professionally but can't see many leaving or travelling to/from Orkney or Shetland to play part time football, it would have to be on a full time basis where the standard is higher.

On 19/05/2021 at 12:30, HibeeJibee said:

Not what you're looking for, but the father of Andrew Watson - Scotland's first black footballer, born in Demerara, etc. - was from Orkney.

I'm sure I heard that Graig Gordon's family have connections to Shetland and he has visited on several occasions.