New Kits 2021/2022

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

QoS release the new bespoke pink 3rd kit featuring a subliminal print diagonal sash with names of last season's season ticket holders who were unable to attend games in person. 

😍

Your mob already won the tinpot award for putting a sticker of a Challenge Cup win on your strip: this is an unnecessary new entry.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I  thought there was a slight colour clash between us and Kilmarnock in their purple kit on Saturday.

Purple isn't different enough from a chiefly blue kit if you ask me.

Agreed. I'm surprised Kilmarnock have been allowed three fundamentally "dark" kits. Their 2nd kit (all navy) and 3rd kit (purple) are not very different.

That said Hibs also wore purple against us in blue a couple of years back and nobody batted an eyelid.

Morton have quoted pandemic supply and delivery issues, amongst other things, as a reason for a delay in our new kits being available to the public. Currently don't have a release date, just that they 'hope' for them to be available for pick up by the end of August.

Are we alone in that, or have other clubs had delays?

5 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Morton have quoted pandemic supply and delivery issues, amongst other things, as a reason for a delay in our new kits being available to the public. Currently don't have a release date, just that they 'hope' for them to be available for pick up by the end of August.

Are we alone in that, or have other clubs had delays?

Thistle don’t seem to have had any delays. Am I right in thinking that Morton do their own kits, rather than through O’Neills or Joma or whatever? That could be the issue. 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Thistle don’t seem to have had any delays. Am I right in thinking that Morton do their own kits, rather than through O’Neills or Joma or whatever? That could be the issue. 

I was slow in getting the away top and the short sleeved men's strip went out of stock pretty quickly. Every time I phone to ask if they're getting more they tell me there'll be more in stock in two weeks since the start of July.

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Your mob already won the tinpot award for putting a sticker of a Challenge Cup win on your strip: this is an unnecessary new entry.

Sadly not. Morton have claimed that  particular award by making their own Bobby Basic kit.  

The judges deemed that to be the ultimate example of tin pot behaviour.

It could only have been topped by players having to bring their own shorts and socks to games (same colours if possible, but not essential).

2 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Sadly not. Morton have claimed that  particular award by making their own Bobby Basic kit.  

The judges deemed that to be the ultimate example of tin pot behaviour.

It could only have been topped by players having to bring their own shorts and socks to games (same colours if possible, but not essential).

Well you can keep telling yourself that if you want, but the consensus is quite clear that Morton's top is an absolute stunner and your club's efforts are a fucking nick M8.

56 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well you can keep telling yourself that if you want, but the consensus is quite clear that Morton's top is an absolute stunner and your club's efforts are a fucking nick M8.

Haha.

It doesn’t detract from the fact that it is a cobbled together effort made by  Margaret and Dawna from Fabric Offcutz, (just off of Greenock High Street). 

As nice as the kit may be, making your own is the very essence of tin pot behaviour. 

Probably best not to dwell on it though, particularly as you seem to have made peace with the fact. 

In terms of ours, I am not a fan of the home one. The print at the bottom of the back is unnecessary. The away and third kits are good though. 

On 11/08/2021 at 12:11, qos_75 said:

Haha.

It doesn’t detract from the fact that it is a cobbled together effort made by  Margaret and Dawna from Fabric Offcutz, (just off of Greenock High Street). 

As nice as the kit may be, making your own is the very essence of tin pot behaviour. 

Probably best not to dwell on it though, particularly as you seem to have made peace with the fact. 

In terms of ours, I am not a fan of the home one. The print at the bottom of the back is unnecessary. The away and third kits are good though. 

Greenock has a high street? 

On 10/08/2021 at 11:50, Skyline Drifter said:

Agreed. I'm surprised Kilmarnock have been allowed three fundamentally "dark" kits. Their 2nd kit (all navy) and 3rd kit (purple) are not very different.

That said Hibs also wore purple against us in blue a couple of years back and nobody batted an eyelid.

Fundamentally though, the home strip is not “dark”, but a glorious new version of the famous blue and white stripes. So having a navy away strip is completely different. We should have worn our home kit at Palmerston. 

8374DF47-AF03-4308-8CF5-8D4DCCEE02C8.jpeg

Our new home strip looks very smart on the players but as pointed out by other posters the company we deal with are absolute haddies, some of the strips have badges out of place, delays in stock, the list is endless! As nice as the strips are on the players they just feel a bit cheap, I've got last seasons, it doesn't feel as good as other football tops I've got. It would be good if we could ditch this mob and go with someone like Macron, they seem to be on the ball with strips and actually put effort into it, Arbroath's home strip being a perfect example! It would just be nice to have an actual fit for purpose kit manufacturer rather than this tin pot outfit! 

Edited by M0rtonfc

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2021 at 10:00, Skyline Drifter said:

QoS release the new bespoke pink 3rd kit featuring a subliminal print diagonal sash with names of last season's season ticket holders who were unable to attend games in person. 

😍

IMG-20210810-WA0003.jpg

Really like the top Shame not all last seasons ticket holders names are on it🤦‍♂️

Edited by SUPERSOUTH