Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Fucking hell that would be horrendous

Would rather have seen Crawford get another season than replace him with that absolute trumpet.

Pars fans on Twitter are in meltdown already, the guys only been in for an interview just standard practice. Personally don't think it would be as bad an appointment as some make out, had alloa playing some of the best football in the league just lacked any real quality up front and had the smallest budget in the league.

Pars fans on Twitter are in meltdown already, the guys only been in for an interview just standard practice. Personally don't think it would be as bad an appointment as some make out, had alloa playing some of the best football in the league just lacked any real quality up front and had the smallest budget in the league.

Knew it wouldn’t be long before the “playing football the right way” birthday caird pish was being thrown about. He would be a horrendous appointment. He has just seen off relegation whilst managing a part-time bunch of jobbers. Why in the f*ck is he even being considered to be good enough to be the manager of our club? Is that how low we have got now? Jesus wept.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I don't think you can accuse a team who finished bottom without any quality up front as playing some of the best football in the league. 

They were easy on the eye, but the fact Grant saw that style of play as their best bet towards safety would be setting of warning bells if i was a Pars fan. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Knew it wouldn’t be long before the “playing football the right way” birthday caird pish was being thrown about. He would be a horrendous appointment. He has just seen off relegation whilst managing a part-time bunch of jobbers. Why in the f*ck is even being considered to be good enough to be the manager of our club? Is that how low we have got now? Jesus wept.

You must be one of the fans in question. Do you disagree that Alloa played us, and many other full time sides, off the park regularly? I'm not saying he's my preferred option but compared to some of the other pish being touted I'm simply suggesting I don't think he'd be a "horrendous appointment". 

8 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Win percentage at Alloa 28%. But at least they passed the ball about nicely.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't think you can accuse a team who finished bottom without any quality up front as playing some of the best football in the league. 

They were easy on the eye, but the fact Grant saw that style of play as their best bet towards safety would be setting of warning bells if i was a Pars fan. 

Aye, maybe a stretch tbf. But would I take him before Levein and some of the other jobbers on McBookie? Absolutely.

Guest Axle Grease
20 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I'm not against it in principle but I do think we could aim higher. 

You must be one of the fans in question. Do you disagree that Alloa played us, and many other full time sides, off the park regularly? I'm not saying he's my preferred option but compared to some of the other pish being touted I'm simply suggesting I don't think he'd be a "horrendous appointment". 

What does that matter when they finished absolutely dead last and got relegated? That’s the bottom line. It’s hardly a blip btw. He has a shite win record at Norwich too. Hardly as if he has been in a job for many years and done decent things; his record is absolutely shite.

If we appoint Peter Grant and we’re sitting near the bottom by Christmas, EEP will continue to have a horrendous atmosphere. The board would be making a serious mistake AGAIN if they think he is the man for the job.

It’s most likely just paper talk to make a “jobs for the boys” type man, that has contacts in the papers, relevant. However, if it does become true, we’ll be doing well to finish above 9th after he gets hounded out by the fans.

24 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I would certainly disagree that they played us off the park at all last season, let alone regularly. Our only away win in the league was at Alloa remember.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I would certainly disagree that they played us off the park at all last season, let alone regularly. Our only away win in the league was at Alloa remember.

Forgot about that game. I'd say we were very lucky to beat them in the game at East End and obviously lost last game of the season (although it was a dead rubber). The season before I seem to remember them beating us at least twice as well. 

Like I said, not my preferred choice but just playing devil's advocate. It's all gone quiet on the Petrie front?