Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pressley's just taken a job with Brentford so luckily for every club in Scotland he can be ruled out.

Seeing the parade of jobbers listed for one position while knowing that Dunfermline, ICT, Falkirk and Queen's Park are all looking for managers gives me the fear about what sort of dud we're going to end up with.

58 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Pressley's just taken a job with Brentford so luckily for every club in Scotland he can be ruled out.

Seeing the parade of jobbers listed for one position while knowing that Dunfermline, ICT, Falkirk and Queen's Park are all looking for managers gives me the fear about what sort of dud we're going to end up with.

Dont forget little Alloa also looking for a new gaffer.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

You'll just keep Gus, no?

If Petrie is going it will be for this job.
I've seen laughable suggestions regarding him going to Alloa as well. :1eye
Still feel it is a big if, however.

Feels a bit like the Goodwin to St Mirren scenario. If any full time club were to tempt Petrie into full time football management, it would be us. However, he seems to have a decent job at the bank. I’d assume that will have better pay and be a lot more stable than coming to manage us.

Goodwin and Jack Ross are recent examples of people making similar steps and thriving. However, I’m sure there will be examples of the opposite happening. Every appointment is a gamble, but someone with no full time coaching experience seems like a big one. However, he seems to be highly regarded and if he is the man the board pick, he will have my full support.

Didnt realise Coyle was in India. He plummeted. 

With regards to Petrie, how good can a job at the bank be? Working at the bank must be shite. Grow up Stewart n get in for a chat. 

Also, why is John McGlynn not on that list? We are huge. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

With regards to Petrie, how good can a job at the bank be? Working at the bank must be shite. Grow up Stewart n get in for a chat. 

He’s got a secure job outside football that will pay him very well until whenever he decides to retire and then a part-time gig at Montrose where he also probably has a job until he decides to pack it in, unless he takes them back down the the League 2 relegation playoff. 

It’s a big risk to leave all that to potentially be out of a job in 18 months.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Didnt realise Coyle was in India. He plummeted. 

Also, why is John McGlynn not on that list? We are huge. 

🤭😂😂😂😂😂🖕

51 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He’s got a secure job outside football that will pay him very well until whenever he decides to retire and then a part-time gig at Montrose where he also probably has a job until he decides to pack it in, unless he takes them back down the the League 2 relegation playoff. 

It’s a big risk to leave all that to potentially be out of a job in 18 months.

Just pop back to the bank after getting hounded out of East End.