Scotland v Czech

GW34

Think our starting line up v Czechia will be our most conservative.   
O’Donnell and McGregor will start in this game but hoping for a wee surprise v England with Paterson and Gilmour.

Cooper a must for me before Hanley.  The Scottish cup final I had a bet that one of Saints goals would come from a Porteous error and Hanley comes in the same guise albeit now being in my team which is a worry. 

We need to get more control over the Czech midfield so on balance went for Armstrong after his Dutch performance with Adams as his club link up.  Think Dykes will strart against England. 

image.jpeg

.............Marshall......................................

.....................Hanley...Cooper.......Tierney..............

Patterson......................................................Robertson

...............McTominay...McGinn....Gilmour...............

.........................................Armstrong ..................................

..........................................Adams..............................

I think this is the team he will pick, Czechs are dangerous at set pieces so Dykes gets in and Gallagher and Hanley as our best two CBs in the air.

Gilmour will come off the bench in this game and start vs England. 

Screenshot_20210613-110508.png

I think O’Donnell is one of 5 dead certs to start the first game.  However it is likely that If we need to make a change, RWB may be the first one with, say, Forrest coming on.  In subsequent games it will depend how these changes have gone who starts.

Hendry - Cooper - Tierney as the back three against a big team doesn’t fill me with confidence. Hendry is tall right enough but I think he’s prone to losing his man in the air. I’d be more content with Gallagher or Hanley coming in for Hendry and Cooper playing on the right.

I think Dykes will play for the same reason. Hope Gilmour plays but I think it’s nailed on McGregor will instead.

Marshall

Cooper Hanley/Gallagher Tierney

O’Donnell McTominay Gilmour Robertson

McGinn

Dykes Adams

I’m maybe giving too much thought to the Czechs aerial ability but I’d be happy enough with the above.

Guest jonnycraig27

Can anyone confirm entry times are only advisory? I’m sure someone mentioned Uefa had confirmed this to them.

For those of us lucky enough to have tickets, where we all sitting tomorrow? South stand upper for me, never been there and I suspect it'll not be the greatest view but I'm like a kid before Christmas here tbh. I was 5 in 98 and was pretty much resigned to 1) Scotland never qualifying in my lifetime and 2) no fans getting to attend once we did. Heading through with my dad and father in law, will be some day. It all just means so much.
The view from the south upper is brilliant. Enjoy.

Just got sent a link, the notification said "BBC News - Scotland vs Czech Republic: Robertson..." and I immediately started bricking it that the rest was "...tests positive for Covid."

I'm absolutely shitting it. f**k knows what I'll be like tomorrow morning.

9 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

For those of us lucky enough to have tickets, where we all sitting tomorrow? South stand upper for me, never been there and I suspect it'll not be the greatest view but I'm like a kid before Christmas here tbh. I was 5 in 98 and was pretty much resigned to 1) Scotland never qualifying in my lifetime and 2) no fans getting to attend once we did. Heading through with my dad and father in law, will be some day. It all just means so much.

South Upper... roughly where saw Hibs 3-2 Rangers...

anonymous-20191103134618.jpg

hampden-north-stand.jpg

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

.............Marshall......................................

.....................Hanley...Cooper.......Tierney..............

Patterson......................................................Robertson

...............McTominay...McGinn....Gilmour...............

.........................................Armstrong ..................................

..........................................Adams..............................

This should be the team. Some real talent in there