Scotland v Czech

GW34

Drivel.
The midfield is why we've created more and better chances that the Czechs despite McTominay and Armstrong playing below their best.
We're losing because they have an excellent striker, O'Donnell isn't very good and Hendry makes bad decisions. But there aren't better players available for those positions.
There clearly aye better players than O'Donnell in that position. But let's carry your point, if there aren't, why is the manager playing a system he doesn't have players for?

We can't qualify now, there's no point trying to work it out.

We won't pick up 4pts, and to get through with 3 we'll need to beat England or Croatia by at least 3 goals.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Nope, this is folk who know fk all about football trying to invent reasons for why we're losing other than the obvious.

Get off your fucking pedestal you. Sanctimonious as f**k.

The midfield has been shite. McTominay needs to either play as a box-to-box or right centre back but instead he’s charged with being the most defensive player in the midfield. McGinn’s best performances have been behind the front two but today he’s playing much further back. The midfield that started the game offered the defence very little protection nor did they offer them an out-ball hence them resorting to pumping the ball up the park to a defence that eats high balls for breakfast.

One of Gilmour or McGregor or even Fleck would have been better starting.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We won't pick up 4pts, and to get through with 3 we'll need to beat England or Croatia by at least 3 goals.

You're assuming Croatia will beat the Czechs.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Steady, 2 games albeit harder on paper but there is still a chance.

We need 4pts to qualify, as if we only get 3pts, we won't qualify through goal difference due to this result.

If we score that changes.

Deflated. I thought I was being pessimistic predicting a draw today. Never occurred we’d lose 2-0 FFS, what a let down, shocking performance.
As has been said, The Czech Republic are a bad team. I expect them to lose to England and Croatia and go out at the group stage, along with us. They’ve still came to Hampden and won comfortably.
We badly missed Tierney certainly but the team selection was wrong. Adams and Gilmour should have started and O’Donnell should never play for Scotland again, send him home tonight. Turnbull should have featured. Clark is just not a very good manager I’m afraid. He’d have been sacked by now if we’d lost either penalty shoot out against Israel or Serbia. He got lucky.
Both goals are poor to lose defensively. Marshall certainly at fault for the second for me. Stand at the edge of the D okay, why he is 15 yards away from the D I don’t get.
We created some decent chances but we just don’t have the quality needed to take them. Their keeper had a couple of saves but all ones you’d expect him to make. Marshall was as busy at the other end and it could have easily finished 0-3.
Hard to take any positives from that really. Robbo was good first half but faded second half. Adams was decent when he came on. Apart from that...no injuries?
I fear for us at Wembley.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Does depend on other groups of course, but that second goal makes a big difference to the 3rd placed table if we even make it on there.  You're hoping for other hidings in other groups, but the way games have gone so far, that seems unlikely.  Even a 2-1 at this stage would be at least something.  Defeat against England and that will definitely do it unless we get one of those truly crazy matches against Croatia.

3 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

The referee has been absolute muck aswell

Has he?  I think he had a decent game. 

Just now, The Derry said:

John McGinn has been fucking minging

Anonymous yet again.