Scotland v Czech

GW34

Also, have to say, the whole '23 years' thing doesn't have as much impact on me - two years ago today I was in Rennes watching Scotland lose 2-1 to Japan in the World Cup. Doesn't matter whether they've got baws or tits, anyone in that dark blue is representing me.

The real killer is that it's at Hampden. I grew up round the corner and it's always been a special place for me. It was a big part of the view out my bedroom window. I've seen finals of the Champions League, UEFA Cup, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Junior Cup, Amateur Cup and Under-16 World Cup; I saw my school win the Scottish Schools Cup there; the first football game I ever went to was Scotland v Belgium when I was 9; I've been to countless Scotland and Queens Park games. I've cycled the length of the pitch through both goals and I've scored in the goals at the east end. I've been to so many games with friends and with family. I've got so many memories tied up in and around that place.

Yep, I'm clearly approaching the weepy stage. I'm going to cry like a toddler at the national anthem. 

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Tierney was never interested in playing for Scotland etc etc. 

Missing him is a big blow for us, hopefully means he'll be fully fit for Friday though. Also hoping Hanley is in the middle of the 3. 

This brings up something that pisses me off.

Why do folk slag footballers who get injured a lot? Like, it's their fault? Would they not get injured as much if they tried harder or something?

It's a really, really weird thing.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Lets focus on the positives haha. At least we have plenty of options from the bench if we need to change things.

If you look at the bench we had in the 2-2 draw 10(?) years ago, the options we have today are infinitely better.

Fraser, Adams, Gilmour, Patterson, Turnbull all attacking options.

Makes a big change over what we’ve had for a long time.

I hate the back 5. It's failed to work more often than its has. And now we don't even have it's redeeming feature. 

It was awful against Austria and so bad against Israel that we had to ditch it at half time. I don't get why we have to leave good midfield players on the bench in order to play an extra centre half. Once again in the friendly against Holland we conceded a goal because the back 3 stays too deep and the midfield don't know who's meant to be covering in front of the defence - just like against Austria and Israel. 

2 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I hate the back 5. It's failed to work more often than its has. And now we don't even have it's redeeming feature. 

It was awful against Austria and so bad against Israel that we had to ditch it at half time. I don't get why we have to leave good midfield players on the bench in order to play an extra centre half. Once again in the friendly against Holland we conceded a goal because the back 3 stays too deep and the midfield don't know who's meant to be covering in front of the defence - just like against Austria and Israel. 

Can agree with this slightly. You don’t want to rip up the full game plan but Clark must have done work on some other shapes, because it sounds like Tierney is done for this tournament so the main benefit of the back 5 is gone.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

2 goals each? 

Superb.  Surely even Dykes could hit one of them.

I'm not good at predicting results, but if you say 2 each I'll go for that, 2 for Christie, and 2 for Dykes 👍

It's great to be back in a stadium, which is almost more sad than anything.

Even with an hour to kick off Hampden doesn't feel as empty as I expected it would. Although everyone is distanced, with no completely empty stands it doesn't feel too bad.

Edited by Jaggy Snake