Scotland v Czech

GW34

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20210614-202600_Chrome.thumb.jpg.afa6c38ae62745d8baa019d4b21f0ad5.jpg

There's no defence for Hendrys decision to shoot there. Simple pass to the right to set up a cross, and 2 players completely free in the most dangerous area of the pitch.

He's so high up the park because he dozily followed a striker into the centre of the park.

Ball had come over from the left which is why Cooper/Hanley aren't covering the massive gap he's left, while O'Donnell bombs forward expecting the pass.

His shot doesn't directly cause the goal, but a culmination of yet more naive, rash, decision making from Hendry creates the situation.

He's nowhere near good enough and it's wild he started this game. McTominay there and Gilmour central wouldve been far more preferable.

In an alternate world, Schick sclaffes his shot 10 yards wide and he is getting ridiculed for taking the shot on or Hendry's dig flys in the top corner.

We can all agree it was the wrong decision. But if that had been Tierney stepping forward to hit a shot, people would be talking about him taking on responsibility.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

In an alternate world, Schick sclaffes his shot 10 yards wide and he is getting ridiculed for taking the shot on or Hendry's dig flys in the top corner.

We can all agree it was the wrong decision. But if that had been Tierney stepping forward to hit a shot, people would be talking about him taking on responsibility.

Tierney would have taken on responsibility by not having a shot from there 

They absolutely shouldn't be.

Nobody should be shooting from that range when there's those alternatives.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

They absolutely shouldn't be.

Nobody should be shooting from that range when there's those alternatives.

Its a weird argument to say no one should be shooting from that range when he has other options when 5 seconds later their player scored from the half way line.

Hendry had hit the bar a few moments earlier and he scored a great goal from outside the box against Holland last week. He was clearly fancying his chances from outside the box so he’s took a speculative and low percentage dig. It’s a mistake but...
Not quite squaring that with being at fault for the goal though. If Marshall is 15 yards further back he catches it, simple.
Has been said that the Czechs had spoken about Marshall’s mental positioning at half time. They identified the weakness and exploited it, fair play to them. I hope that was Marshall’s last game for Scotland but I suspect it won’t be.

Just now, Gordopolis said:
8 minutes ago, Binos said:
It's almost like he's a lower half of the Belgian league level player

Oostende finished 3rd in the Belgian League.

It's even shitter than I thought then

a pass to any player in this photo is the correct choice, to the right back for a cross, to either if the 2 unmarked in front of him, to dykes with his back to goal who is calling for it or to Adams who is in the box with a lobbed through ball. 

It's like Armstrong against England all over again. 

Screenshot_20210614-202600_Chrome.thumb.jpg.afa6c38ae62745d8baa019d4b21f0ad5.jpg

Its a weird argument to say no one should be shooting from that range when he has other options when 5 seconds later their player scored from the half way line.
Difference is Schick had his entire team behind him so the risk was zero.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

The two situations are hardly comparable though. 

No one should be shooting from those differences...unless the keepers gone for a pie

Almost like one player had a hit and hope at an open goal while being closed down with no help, while the other hit it against a defender 3 yards away despite having options all around him.

Just now, Gordopolis said:
1 minute ago, Binos said:
It's even shitter than I thought then

Of course, it's everything else that's wrong, not you.

Hendry should not have been on the pitch 

The manager had an all round shocker today 

Deny if you wish

Deny if you wish
I'm not denying anything. I just don't agree with the extreme views that everything was shit and wrong. See my earlier 'middle ground' post about Hendry.

And the second goal didn’t really change much.
Had we Marshall been in the correct position we would have just lost 1-0 instead of 2-0.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
3 minutes ago, Binos said:
Deny if you wish

I'm not denying anything. I just don't agree with the extreme views that everything was shit and wrong. See my earlier 'middle ground' post about Hendry.

We've been papped out of the tournament after 52 mins in our own stadium 

Where's the middle ground