Scotland v Czech

GW34

McGinn and McTominay were both played out of position and both were anonymous. To get the best out of them we need someone sitting behind, whether it be McGregor or Gilmour, with McTominay going box to box and McGinn paying off the striker. The setup today completely killed both of them. 
Thought mcgregor was anonymous when he came on and is lacking form and confidence. He should be nowhere near starting 11 regardless of past perfromance

I think you need to calm down. Marshall has been absolutely brilliant for us so far. Is he partially at fault there? Aye. Get over it. Gordon was partially at fault for a few goals in his time too and there's no way I'd have him over Marshall. 

Gordon is horrendous. Our best keeper is sat at home sadly. SOS Allan McGregor all is forgiven.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The mentality was off, once again.

We were playing to 'keep it tight', again. It didn't work, again.

When our world cup group was drawn folk were saying we could win it. Others, including myself, said there was no chance, and it's because we just don't have the mentality. We are defence first all the time. We are just far too negative. We showed it against Austra and Israel, and we showed it again today.

Even so, we did create a lot of chances. Imagine how many more we could have created had we went in to the game intending to take the game to them. Why is there no confidence that we can at least try to do it? We have decent enough players to give it a shot. Instead we shite ourselves once more, too terrified of losing that we don't attack as we could.

Been the same stuff for years.

as I said a miracle of biblical proportions, not negative, just realistic based on what was in front of me [eg the team lineup]

Thought mcgregor was anonymous when he came on and is lacking form and confidence. He should be nowhere near starting 11 regardless of past perfromance
No surprise there. He's been anonymous far more times than he's been good for us in any game I've watched. I expect he'll start on Friday though.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

I disagree and think this is harsh. Our offensive midfielders were quickly sussed by the Czech’s and there was no forward ball. He also had to turn back infield countless times as O’Donnell didn’t have a clue and only Robertson gave a wide outlet. 

McTominay has performed better than some over his Scotland career but he was an empty shirt today....and in a really important position.

Sounds like Tiernay isn’t going to make Friday.
“You take out the set play and the wonder strike and I thought we defended well”  Aye, ok Steve.

If it wasn’t for the two goals we conceded we’d have drawn 0-0.
Thanks Steve, great insight.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No they fucking aren’t :lol:

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Get a grip.

4 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Away and don't talk so much pish.

Calm down boys, it's all about opinions. The Czechs are pish, and their humpings at the hands of England and Croatia will prove that. 

We, on the other hand, played right into their game plan with our naivety and scared as shit game plan.  We were wee boys at a big boy's party....I'd love to hear what you've got that somehow contradicts that. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:
23 yards I make it.

goalie.png.2cd874d2fdb4d176eb4fc408c3f9c5ba.png

By the time he hits it Marshall is on the D. If that was his starting position and the boy scored we'd be calling it a wonder goal. I'm not trying to defend Marshall I just think his starting position is taking the shine off what a cracking goal it was. I blame Hendry far more than Marshall for it.

Defo.

Marshall actually performed reasonably well today.  Better than most of the outfield players.

Calm down boys, it's all about opinions. The Czechs are pish, and their humpings at the hands of England and Croatia will prove that. 
We, on the other hand, played right into their game plan with our naivety and scared as shit game plan.  We were wee boys at a big boy's party....I'd love to hear what you've got that somehow contradicts that. 

I don’t think there was too much between the sides but Clarke got his team selection wrong. I understand that they are not playing as regularly as he may want but it is fairly depressing that we have two exciting young players on the bench and he picks an average middle aged full back from Motherwell instead and then brings on another middle aged celtic midfielder (who did nothing).

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

They’re clearly not the second worst side in the tournament. Of the sides I’ve watched so far, they’re obviously better than us, North Macedonia and Wales at least. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:
23 yards I make it.

goalie.png.2cd874d2fdb4d176eb4fc408c3f9c5ba.png

By the time he hits it Marshall is on the D. If that was his starting position and the boy scored we'd be calling it a wonder goal. I'm not trying to defend Marshall I just think his starting position is taking the shine off what a cracking goal it was. I blame Hendry far more than Marshall for it.

Aye except for the boy that hit it literally saying he did so because the keeper was too far off his line like.

Hendry made a bad decision but it wouldn't have resulted in a goal if Marshall wasn't 40 yards off his line.

Just now, Thorongil said:

Indeed. It was inexcusable and it’s being reframed as a wonder goal. WTF was he doing up there?

It was poor positioning and it was a wondergoal. I'd like to see most Scotland players try to replicate the finish.