Scotland v Czech

GW34

In 49 years of watching Scotland, I have never, never been as raging as I am today

Marshall is an utter disgrace to his teammates but the big one is Clarke. An utter shitebag who got a free pass by somehow getting us there, whereas a better manager would have had us up the Nations League and looking good for the WC

Sack the c**t tonight

And drop Marshall

12 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

We won’t. It will be the same conservative pish on Friday night. We’ll keep Adams and Gilmour on the bench and play some average players and lose.

Maybe so, but it shouldn’t be.  It’s one of those situations where we have literally nothing to lose.

It had a feel of not going to be our day about it probably from when the team was announced.

ODonnell was all over the show.

Massively massively missed Tierney.

Marshall should not be there for any reason.

Hendry was infuriating shooting from there.

Dykes just can't score and was a really negative approach having him spear heading the attack. Nisbet looked far more capable of getting a goal when he came on. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We truly looked like wee boys at a big boy's party. 

What made it worse is that the Czechs are the 2nd worst team in the whole competition. After us. 

I thought we were supposed to have 'big game, big name players' in our side ? All of them.....McGinn (especially), McTominay, Armstrong, Christie....were fucking brutal. Embarrassing. 

On top of that, it was the wrong team out from the start. The gap between the midfield and Dykes was as wide as we'd all feared.

I doubt if the Czechs have ever had an easier competitive game in their history. 

Away and don't talk so much pish.

In 49 years of watching Scotland, I have never, never been as raging as I am today

Marshall is an utter disgrace to his teammates but the big one is Clarke. An utter shitebag who got a free pass by somehow getting us there, whereas a better manager would have had us up the Nations League and looking good for the WC

Sack the c**t tonight

And drop Marshall
Get a fucking grip Marshall had some great saves today and kept us in the game it was an absolutely beautiful strike by the boy. If anyone is at fault it's Jack Hendry his decision making at that point in time when he can see pretty much the entire team in front of him is shocking.

McGinn and McTominay were both played out of position and both were anonymous. To get the best out of them we need someone sitting behind, whether it be McGregor or Gilmour, with McTominay going box to box and McGinn paying off the striker. The setup today completely killed both of them. 

2 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Sack the c**t tonight

And drop Marshall

I think you need to calm down. Marshall has been absolutely brilliant for us so far. Is he partially at fault there? Aye. Get over it. Gordon was partially at fault for a few goals in his time too and there's no way I'd have him over Marshall. 

27 minutes ago, Scosha said:

McTominay had a shocker there. Considering how well he’s played for Man United this season I had hoped to see far more from him. 

Looked for the right ball every time but it simply wasn’t there.

14 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Worst player on the pitch.

Gets a free ride cos his club looks good on the wikipedia squad list.

I disagree and think this is harsh. Our offensive midfielders were quickly sussed by the Czech’s and there was no forward ball. He also had to turn back infield countless times as O’Donnell didn’t have a clue and only Robertson gave a wide outlet. 

Edited by 8MileBU

My thoughts are

We actually played pretty well. Beaten by two great goals. The second one is obviously avoidable but was a great strike. That’s the difference with having a top class striker.

Clarke got his team selection wrong. We looked most dangerous when the ball was kept on the deck and looked shite when playing the ball high to dykes who won f**k all. Adams made a difference when he came on. Their second goal knocked the stuffing out us.

Marshall will get stick for being that far out but it was a superb strike that happens rarely. Hendry should be the one questioned as to why he is shooting from there.

Sorry to say that O’Donnell is not good enough. We basically have no attacking threat down the right hand side because of him which is always going to be an issue. Paterson may be young and not playing much but he would offer more of a threat.

Mcginn is our best attacking mid and we lose his effectiveness when he plays so deep

23 yards I make it.

goalie.png.2cd874d2fdb4d176eb4fc408c3f9c5ba.png
By the time he hits it Marshall is on the D. If that was his starting position and the boy scored we'd be calling it a wonder goal. I'm not trying to defend Marshall I just think his starting position is taking the shine off what a cracking goal it was. I blame Hendry far more than Marshall for it.