Scotland v Czech

GW34

Just now, forameus said:

It could be, but defensively I don't think we were that bad outside of a few moments.  Two mistakes, two goals.  If England fancy it, then we're utterly fucked, but if they play as ponderously as they did yesterday, then that might suit us.

And then we'll only lose 1-0.

I did think watching yesterday's game we had nothing to fear from either of them. That was until today. 

1 minute ago, forameus said:

It's the best 4 out of 6, not 2.

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact amount, knew it was 3 or 4, either way negative goal difference likely fucks us. Rare for a "minor" nation to pump one of the others by more than 1 goal.

Yet another massive Scotland let down - same old story time after time. At least when we repeatedly fail to qualify for these tournaments we don’t have to go through all the false optimism and the inevitable massive disappointment. We had chances but our finishing was poor and let’s not forget they missed 3/4 sitters on top of the 2 goals they got.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Friday night could be very unpleasant indeed.

Yep, the past couple weeks I've been living in this dreamland that we will nick something off them. They are going to batter us.

O'Donnell cost us a goal and was, surprisingly enough, light years out of his depth. Should never play another minute for Scotland.

Marshall cost the second goal.

Also worth noting with Harry Souttar on the park the first goal doesn't happen.

Said it all along Gilmour and Patterson should be in the team. We're close to a good side but not close enough.

Now got to listen to Shelley Kerr. Idiot and a ned. The female Stephen Pressley

1 minute ago, still_game said:

shame we didnt score any of them then. shame we didnt defend better either, or pick a team that had a resemblance of a chance at winning

There were a lot of great blocks from the Czechs. We have improved on the #genetics front since WGS but the Czechs were another level of athleticism across the team. 

Are people really discussing ways this team can qualify from the group? I’m thinking more in terms of damage limitation and preventing a real embarrassing exit.  The England game scares me to death in terms of a potential drubbing.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact amount, knew it was 3 or 4, either way negative goal difference likely fucks us. Rare for a "minor" nation to pump one of the others by more than 1 goal.

Oh absolutely, don't disagree with the main point.  Said in a previous one, 2-1 makes a massive difference compared to 2-0, particularly when we've got the 2 games ahead of us that we do.  You want to go to Wembley with 3 points in the bag treating it like one we don't have to get a result in.  Now we've probably got to get a point, or even a win.  

McTominay had a shocker there. Considering how well he’s played for Man United this season I had hoped to see far more from him. 
To be fair the Czechs had our number in the first half, forced us into long balls by closing off the angles in midfield. Wanted more from McGinn, Armstrong, Christie as well as McTominay.

We needed more width introduced earlier.

f**k knows what he'll do at Wembley though.

We were ever bit as bad as that in the first half against Israel and for large spells against Austria. It's also been forgotten that although we beat the Czechs the last time, we absolutely robbed them - I'd argue that was a very, very similar match with different outcomes in front of goal. 
There seems to be a myth that we've been playing well - we've not been. 

Yeah it’s natural to get carried away but there did seem to be a bit of delusion going into this game. In our last six competitive games we’ve won once, and that was at home to the Faroes.
In that run we have lost to Slovakia and lost and drew to Israel.
The reality is we aren’t very good and we only qualified due to that nations league nonsense and some luck in penalty shoot outs.
We got found out today.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Proper "Tartan Army" man I guess.

Would applaud a Scotland player for putting their socks on, results are irrelevant. 

Capable of so much more. These lads are professionals and I don't believe for a single second that any of them didn't try their best today. 

The occasion got to them?

Clarke buggered it?

Didn't give up and I'll take that.