Scotland v Czech

GW34

Robertson should’ve put the laces through that chance and fizzed it low. Too close to the keeper, although a good save nonetheless. 

Midfield is too narrow but none of them are playing badly. Our problems are due to Clarke’s tactics.  Barely anything between the sides and O’Donnell the only player of concern. Poor defending, poor going forward. You see how effective an outlet Robertson is down the left - which is precisely why Patterson should be playing on the right. Then our narrow midfield has an outlet either side.

Edited by 8MileBU

Marginally better side, and that's probably generous.  We've snatched at half chances and playing at a million miles an hour, and they've just waited, launched it in and took the lead.  They're not that good, but I'd kill to spend 90 minutes being shite and still win.

Big 45 minutes. Needs changes and a bit of a composure.

Czechs have only just been the better team imo and just happened to take their chance well. Still fully think this game is winnable, just need to make some subs and be prepared to attack more.

O'Donnell cost us a goal. It's almost as if playing a guy who plays for Motherwell isn't a good idea.

I agree with Paterson over O’Donnell but that goal was coming regardless, our midfield are missing and our strikers can’t win a header to save themselves.

Clarke has 45 minutes to save us here. No chance we’re getting 4+ pts from England/Croatia.

Just spent half time pacing round, making occasional noises and numerous "f**k sake Scotland"

Such a frustrating goal to lose, everyone knew where the biggest threat lay and we defended it so poorly.

Make yourself a hero Che!

Yeah this for me. Turnbull for Armstrong and Adams for Dykes as a matter of urgency. We can't afford to wait until the last 15 mins to make changes or it'll be too late. 
We might not even make the last 16 at this rate[emoji17]

7 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I think we could replace Armstrong, with a balloon with a face painted on it and get more.

He's so frustrating, as he has the talent, just not showing it so far.

To be fair I think he's being asked to do a job in this midfield that amounts to run around a lot chasing the ball and grafting away whilst watching the ball sail over his head towards Dykes. Doesn't suit him.

1 minute ago, shugster said:

I'm getting pissed off with these pundits, if it was all level at half time the praise would have been glowing. 1 -0 down and they're negative. Sod off and have a beer.

If scotland were doing better, the pundits would be more appreciative! what an outrage, eh.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yeah that's fair enough. Didn't think of that sort of thing and you're absolutely right of course, not that you need me to tell you that! Apologies for my last post.

No you're absolutely right to say it, no worries. It wasn't an easy decision.

Senior person 1 (who likes football but is Celtic first and last) - "You should have said, we could have rescheduled."

Senior person 2 - says nothing, makes the meeting last until 1.53pm, even though everyone else had left by 1.45pm. I missed the Czech anthem and only got our anthem on my phone.