Scotland v Czech

GW34

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Can agree with this slightly. You don’t want to rip up the full game plan but Clark must have done work on some other shapes, because I think Tierney is done for this tournament so the main benefit of the back 5 is gone.

The best we've played recently is when we switched to the back 4 against Israel. Given that most of our players play most of their football in teams with a back 4, I don't think it's an issue (and should be something that we've worked on). I think most of the problems we've had recently have come down to players not being fully clear on their roles. 

We've basically gone back to the team that struggled to a draw against Austria, but without even having Tierney. 

I'd much rather we'd played Adams than a desperately out of form Christie. Midfield three is fine, and defence is what I expected other than obviously Tierney dropping out.

Plenty on the bench to change it if need be, hopefully we aren't chasing our tails after an hour desperately trying to turn things round.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Playing Tierney for 180 minutes across the two friendlies is looking a bit silly.

ah but you see, he knew Tierney was going to play, so obviously needed to play him, whereas he still hasn't got a single fucking scooby what the best attacking lineup is, so needed to continually chop and change it in case anybody started to gel.

2 minutes ago, S7C said:

Not massively optimistic seeing that lineup. Just don't see what O'Donnell offers either.

O'Donnell has largely been rock solid in a Scotland jersey. He's had bad games, but so has Robertson on the left.

Having this conversation every scotland is getting bizarre.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

O'Donnell has largely been rock solid in a Scotland jersey. He's had bad games, but so has Robertson on the left.

Having this conversation every scotland is getting bizarre.

Agree with this.  He hasn't had a great domestic season but has rarely put a foot wrong for Scotland. The alternative is to play either an attacking player (Forrest/Fraser) or a more attacking minded RB (Patterson) in that position. You could argue that would be justified but I suspect a lot of our set up today depends on getting Robertson pushed on, in which case the opposite full back will need to sit. Patterson may well have been able to fulfil that role but he's very young and inexperienced and the majority of his professional career to date has been spent in games where he's been all about going forward.