Scotland v Czech

GW34

TV in the house for this one, before I come back up the road for the fanzone (England) and Hampden (Croatia). Meant to be on the back shift but managed to wangle a few hours back and don't need to go in til 4:30 now instead of 2, so I'll see the full game. Wish I could get on the swally but think I've done not too bad across the three games, so can't complain.  Fucking buzzing. Hope I'm away into work at half 4 giving it massive "Mon thens!" to the natives!

Edited by Christophe

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Are we using this as the match thread or the Group D thread in the Euro forum?

Happy to stay here. Mind you, I think I'll be so nervous I won't be able to keep an eye on the threads during the game.  It will be interesting later on tonight looking over the thread/s to read the developing story as the lads march on to a 3-1 Scottish win.....  (please.... PLEASE!) 

This is awful. I was less nervous before previous campaigns. Must be an age thing. 

43 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I was certain Adams would play with Christie but getting the feeling now that it might be Dykes and Christie.

For RCB, I don't have a scooby.

If Clarke is setting up to actually win this game it’s got to be Adams and Dykes. If he’s aiming for a point for some mental reason it’ll be Dykes and Christie.

It’ll be Hendry at RCB 😕

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If Clarke is setting up to actually win this game it’s got to be Adams and Dykes. If he’s aiming for a point for some mental reason it’ll be Dykes and Christie.

It’ll be Hendry at RCB 😕

I hope we dont play for a point. If we want to reach the knockout phase then our probable route is as one of the best 3rd place teams. To do this we will need at least three points. We’ve waited 23 years, lets have a go as it may be 23 years until the next time.

Anyone looking for another couple for the pre-match song list could do worse than (of course!) Runrig's Loch Lomond and the Silencers I can feel it. 

Just listened to them, imagining that I'm at Hampden, and the shivers are still rattling up and down my back.  "there's a murmur in the air...." 

Scrape a win today, manage to hold out for a draw against an over-confident Engerlundland and how we do aganst Croatia really decides whether we finish 2nd or 3rd...

I'm never an optimist and that's as optimistic as I can be.

The pundits on telly, who don't really know most of our squad and haven't really done any research on Scotland, are generally failing to factor in the Hampden effect and our good recent record against Czech and our undefeated status v Croatia. Aye, I know you can pick holes in both but I'm clutching at optimism straws here.

3 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Scrape a win today, manage to hold out for a draw against an over-confident Engerlundland and how we do aganst Croatia really decides whether we finish 2nd or 3rd...

I'm never an optimist and that's as optimistic as I can be.

The pundits on telly, who don't really know most of our squad and haven't really done any research on Scotland, are generally failing to factor in the Hampden effect and our good recent record against Czech and our undefeated status v Croatia. Aye, I know you can pick holes in both but I'm clutching at optimism straws here.

Neither of those teams have been scary for us for some time, and neither are particularly good. Croatia are clearly ageing, as their poor results in the NL show, and they were anonymous against England.

It’s hard to see yet, but I suspect once the groups are over, ours will look a weak one.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Shout out to everyone else doing the school run for 3pm. I'll be listening to Sportsound and trying not to crash my car.

Just leaving Bute now and if you look closely the clouds look like Lyndon Dykes scoring with a diving header.

C'mon Scotland!

I work in after school care so hopefully all the kids watch it so I can pretend to be working and watch it at the same time :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It’ll be Hendry at RCB 😕

Nope. Its a back three of Hanley, Cooper and KT. Gallagher doesnt even make the bench

It's absolutely killing me that the UEFA ticket portal is still offering me tickets and I can't go because of work. I would 100% take a sickie if I didn't think the camera would broadcast my ugly mug to the world and I'd get fired.