Scotland v Czech

GW34

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Hendry - Cooper - Tierney as the back three against a big team doesn’t fill me with confidence. Hendry is tall right enough but I think he’s prone to losing his man in the air. I’d be more content with Gallagher or Hanley coming in for Hendry and Cooper playing on the right.

Hanley and Cooper are both 6’2” according to Wiki.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

For those of us lucky enough to have tickets, where we all sitting tomorrow? South stand upper for me, never been there and I suspect it'll not be the greatest view but I'm like a kid before Christmas here tbh. I was 5 in 98 and was pretty much resigned to 1) Scotland never qualifying in my lifetime and 2) no fans getting to attend once we did. Heading through with my dad and father in law, will be some day. It all just means so much.

I was up there for The Iwelumo Game and for the UEFA Cup Final. The view is very good, you might think you'd be far from the pitch but it doesn't feel like that. I wonder if it might feel a bit dislocated in a crowd of only 12,000 though. Tbh I don't think you'll like it at all, you'd probably enjoy it more on the TV. I'd be happy to take your tickets off you, as a favour like.

I've got an important meeting 1 to 1.30pm at which I'll be exposed for not having finished re-writing a paper in time. It should have been sent out by Thursday but I couldn't get my shit in gear.

On the plus side, it's making me worry less about the game.

I am so nervous now. Going to be in the fanzone for this so I don’t have the option of switching it off when it gets too much! I don’t think there are many things I’ve felt this nervous about before tbh.

As I am moving house today, I won't see all of the game. But, I am not nervous in the least. You get pragmatic about Scotland after so many failures. If we win it is brilliant. If we lose it is ' meh'.

Enjoy the game lads. Let's bounce these Czechs right out of the account.

I had been wondering for months how I'd sleep last night... The answer was very poorly! Don't think I've ever felt this way the morning of a game. Despite following Ayr United and Scotland for the last 20 years, I am ever the optimist. 2-0 Scotland. McGinn and Adams. Come on!

I slept fine, I opened my eyes and as I do I tried to recall what day it was, the weekend? no that has come and gone, Monday? yes Monday, that Monday, zing, wide awake.  Where’s my strip?

I work at a school in England and I was dreading having to get through the day without finding out the score.

But then my class bubble burst because of a child getting Covid (no symptoms so I I don't feel bad about feeling pleased about it) and I have planned the online learning so that from 2 o'clock onwards the children are doing a task that doesn't need a  teacher while they are working.

Working right up to pre-match (college marking etc) but then I'm going off-Zoom. Whatever happens I probably won't be psychologically capable of resuming work after the game.

I hope Stevie C has shown them footage of the predominately English ITV and BBC pundits previewing our tournament - 'They have 3 or 4 players of quality, er, that play in DA PREMIAHSHIP, er, won't mention the others 'cause we've never heard of them, they have to win this because they won't beat ENGERLUNDLAND etc etc yada yada.'

Should be plenty motivation.