Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake is anything but arrogant. He might carry himself that way to the neutral, but having watched 2 seasons of interviews, he's one of the most under-confident guys going to the point that I once worried he might just be a drain.

I'm just going off what I'm told about his touchline antics, where by all accounts he acts like an absolute c**t to literally everyone except some of his staff.

I've never seen any of his interviews in any length, so can't comment on that side of him tbh. Managers probably need a bit of ego to survive anyway I guess.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He is sitting at home raging, clutching on to a lock of Wright's hair.

You think hes got any to spare? Genuinely think he wears a wig these days.

Disappointing to lose the goal but I'm still utterly proud of the players tonight. They gave it their all and made sure the fans there went home happy. 

If you'd offered me a single-goal lead beforehand I'd have taken it. It gives us a chance and that's all you can really ask for.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How were they the last time your team visited them in Ayrshire?

Last time we were a shambles and got blown away. Conceded a soft goal a minute in. We got an equaliser but Killie steam rolled us in the 2nd half with some brutal defending thrown in.

That is the worry for Dundee. If you lose the midfield battle are you going to let Burke go 1v1 on the full back? Or do you pull your wide attackers back and get trapped in.

Dundee need to be as active as they were tonight in closing down the killie midfield and not allowing them to build in your half. The game plan worked perfect tonight with Dicker or Broadfoot trying to play long balls. with little success. Different if Dicker can play on the other side of the centre circle.

We went to Killie and groun dout a 1 nil win in Tommy Wright's first game. Killie threw in a billion crosses and got on the end of none of them. But that was before they signed Lafferty. i don't think Dundee can sit back in the 2nd leg.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Disappointing to lose the goal but I'm still utterly proud of the players tonight. They gave it their all and made sure the fans there went home happy. 

If you'd offered me a single-goal lead beforehand I'd have taken it. It gives us a chance and that's all you can really ask for.

This'll sound weird, but reckon the result/performance felt any different because you were at the game?

Gagging to get back to matches, and reckon its easier to be "neutral" about things when its going bad, but also more critical when its going well, when watching online. Not sure if that makes sense.

18 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Tommy Wright, you clearly don't even believe your own bullshit in the post match interview. Good effort though, fooling no one however.

You're own fans know you're already fucked and are going down.

We will also win at Rugby Park on Monday evening, that is the reality I'm afraid.

Thank you and goodnight.

^^^Trying a bit too hard to convince yourself M9. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just going off what I'm told about his touchline antics, where by all accounts he acts like an absolute c**t to literally everyone except some of his staff.

I've never seen any of his interviews in any length, so can't comment on that side of him tbh. Managers probably need a bit of ego to survive anyway I guess.

He's your typical ex-CH. Shouts like f**k at everyone. He's best mates with Paul McGowan for a reason. Loves a wee touchline spat, but more in the, 'da, who's desperate for his son's team to do well' than a 'da, who thinks his son is the bollocks' manner.

He threatened to punch Paul Hartley's puss on the touchline when we played Cove, apologised at full time and then in the post match interviews was saying that Hartley was one of his inspirations. He regularly bigs up managers like Dick Campbell, John McGlynn & Peter Grant and has at one point or another admitted (bizarrely, and for no reason whatsoever) that he's not near their level in terms of management and just wants to learn from them. As I say, sometimes I worry he's a bit of an underconfident drain.

The guys managerial hero is Chris Coleman FFS.

That sounds like a negative I'm sure, but that's one of the things that strike a chord with me!

Killie were shite tonight because we completely bossed them. Mullen, McGhee, MacMullen and Byrne never gave them a minute. I see no reason why that will be any different on Monday night, whatever the surface. We might get pumped, then again we might well win by a couple of clear goals. Dicker and Power won’t be younger and faster come Monday, the centre half’s won’t be any better.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

How was it there? Think I’d have burst oot greeting when Adam scored I I was there

He's your typical ex-CH. Shouts like f**k at everyone. He's best mates with Paul McGowan for a reason. Loves a wee touchline spat, but more in the, 'da, who's desperate for his son's team to do well' than a 'da, who thinks his son is the bollocks' manner.
He threatened to punch Paul Hartley's puss on the touchline when we played Cove, apologised at full time and then in the post match interviews was saying that Hartley was one of his inspirations. He regularly bigs up managers like Dick Campbell, John McGlynn & Peter Grant and has at one point or another admitted (bizarrely, and for no reason whatsoever) that he's not near their level in terms of management and just wants to learn from them. As I say, sometimes I worry he's a bit of an underconfident drain.
That sounds like a negative I'm sure, but that's one of the things that strike a chord with me!

I’m sorry, but I’m pissing myself laughing at McPake threatening to punch Paul Hartley in then immediately apologising like an embarrassed schoolboy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This'll sound weird, but reckon the result/performance felt any different because you were at the game?

Gagging to get back to matches, and reckon its easier to be "neutral" about things when its going bad, but also more critical when its going well, when watching online. Not sure if that makes sense.

Yea, I definitely felt more positive about that than I probably would have been had I watched it on TV.

I think it's because at the game you get more invested in things so you have an actual experience from which to draw your final conclusions. If that makes any sense.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

How was it there? Think I’d have burst oot greeting when Adam scored I I was there

It was better than I thought. Although to be fair I had to be there at 7.45 when others had 7 on their tickets. I can imagine it would have been different for someone sitting with horizontal rain battering them for 75 minutes before kick off...

There was a few lads who I think go to most away games that helped get an atmosphere going. Which is what it felt like actually - an away game. 

The masks can get in the sea before next season though. I was more outside sitting in the stand than I was when I was actually outside. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Maybe just stuck in a sort of middle ground between being a player and a manager in terms of how he acts?

Steven MacLean said last Summer the advice he got after moving into coaching was to reign it back a bit, as being on the touchline requires a different kind of passion. If you're too involved and hectic then it spills into the players and cause panic. 

Be interesting (to a boring c**t) to have a "manager cam" on McPake at vital points in matches and see what hes doing/how the game goes after he reacts a certain way.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m sorry, but I’m pissing myself laughing at McPake threatening to punch Paul Hartley in then immediately apologising like an embarrassed schoolboy.

If it wasn't for Hartley, McPake wouldn't be a manager, nevermind of Dundee so it's fair enough IMO.

Although I gather the image of a guy apologising to a wee troll under a bridge as quite amusing tbf.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Killie were shite tonight because we completely bossed them. Mullen, McGhee, MacMullen and Byrne never gave them a minute. I see no reason why that will be any different on Monday night, whatever the surface. We might get pumped, then again we might well win by a couple of clear goals. Dicker and Power won’t be younger and faster come Monday, the centre half’s won’t be any better.

I don't want to go all stats mad. But look at Killie' goals totals home vs away.

30 goals at home and only 13 away.

I was going to say that outside of Rangers handing out pumpings at Ibrox it is the biggest disparity between home and away goals. BUT I noticed St Johnstone only score nine home goals all season!!