Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

Tommy Wright suggesting Lafferty might sign for us.

"Might sign for Dundee, I don't know. I don't think he will be with us. It will be up to Kyle. I would like him here. We will have to wait and see."

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Tommy Wright suggesting Lafferty might sign for us.

"Might sign for Dundee, I don't know. I don't think he will be with us. It will be up to Kyle. I would like him here. We will have to wait and see."

I read that as Tommy just being fucking raging with his whole team, like "maybe he'll sign for them if he does f**k all to keep us up"

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I read that as Tommy just being fucking raging with his whole team, like "maybe he'll sign for them if he does f**k all to keep us up"

That's how I read it as well.

It has the same energy as him chucking his toys out the pram and announcing to the press that Gallagher was signing for us before either Livi or Motherwell had confirmed it, with months of the season still left to play.

It's just him throwing a massive huff.

Edited by capt_oats

I've watched the highlights (again) and I didn't notice before but the reason our second goal was so easy was because all the Killie defenders stopped expecting a foul to be given.

Except it was Kirk Broadfood who clipped the heals of Zeno Rossi. Absolutely comical defending.  

I've watched the highlights (again) and I didn't notice before but the reason our second goal was so easy was because all the Killie defenders stopped expecting a foul to be given.
Except it was Kirk Broadfood who clipped the heals of Zeno Rossi. Absolutely comical defending.  
I watched that replay several times wondering why they were claiming for a foul committed by one of their own players. Excellent stuff [emoji23]

34 minutes ago, The Master said:

For the first goal the Kilmarnock player literally throws it to Adam who doesn't have a Killie player within a few metres of him.

One of the worst sides we've faced in a long time and i include the Championship.

Makes Boyd and Faddys arrogance and standard of knowledge pre match even more laughable.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

For the first goal the Kilmarnock player literally throws it to Adam who doesn't have a Killie player within a few metres of him.

One of the worst sides we've faced in a long time and i include the Championship.

Makes Boyd and Faddys arrogance and standard of knowledge pre match even more laughable.

Thank you.

I didn't realise just how bad Killie were.  That team the other night would've been lower half Championship.  An utter shower over the 2 games.

6 hours ago, K.T said:

Exactly. If their downfall started at that point then blame Kris Boyd for his player revolt.

thank you.

Kris Boyd had already retired when Alessio took over so I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to blame him.

21 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

It's not just the throw, but the defending after Adam lumps it forward is schoolboy stuff.  

Peh's, no' Pies. 

Bit late to the party, but well done and welcome back to the Dundee lads. Very well deserved, far superior over the two legs. 

Killie, well, just deary, deary me. If ever a team got their just desserts, then they are it. Disgraceful performances considering what was at stake. Some fall from grace from the Clarke glory days, just a couple of short years ago. 

_20210525_163230.JPG

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kris Boyd had already retired when Alessio took over so I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to blame him.

What's your thoughts on ex-players trying to lay the blame of this relegation on Alessio?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's your thoughts on ex-players trying to lay the blame of this relegation on Alessio?

I haven't seen anyone blaming him, but then again I don't pay much attention to what our ex-players think. Alessio is well down the list of folk to blame for this, behind Alex Dyer, the board, James Fowler, the players and Colin Doyle's parents. He started the slide by squandering the club's biggest opportunity to estabish ourselves as top half regulars, but there were plenty of opportunities to halt that slide and we made the wrong decision at basically every turn.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Dundee United will be a different outfit once Kyle Lafferty is there”

- The Kincardine

Exhibit A:

On 19/10/2018 at 02:42, The_Kincardine said:

Lafferty (1) The lanky flautist is a p***k.  Shame on him for getting himself excluded from the weekend's game.  I have ex wives who were less high maintenance.

Exhibit B

On 20/05/2021 at 18:10, The_Kincardine said:

Viewing this purely through the prism of next season's match threads, Killie have the most anodyne set of fans in the premiership after, of course, the utterly pointless Arabs whose mindset is still in the Championship - as is their football.

Now I do have a penchant, of course, for the right-minded PUL community in Scotland and the only minor blight on last night's well-merited win for Dundee was the slight sullying of the reputation of Tommy Ulster Will Be Wright.

BUT Lafferty to DUFC would be a marriage made in heaven.  An empty jersey playing for a team supported by the Premiership's most vacuous supporters? 

They deserve each other.

8 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:
10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Why do they deserve better?

Any set of football fans deserve better than a group of players like that who fail to produce any kind of meaningful fight and quality over two legs and go down with such a whimper. I personally don't think that is too much of an ask.

I suppose so.

Does that mean all fans deserve better then?  There won't be any who haven't witnessed shockingly deficient performances from their team when good ones were most necessary.