Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tony Fitz got pelters for daring to have a bit of ambition for our club.

Just sums up Scottish football and Scotland in general tbh. Nobody is allowed to have ambition.

Is it ambition to want to chuck the “wee” teams under a bus? John Collins will be pleased to hear Nelms “ambition”. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tony Fitz got pelters for daring to have a bit of ambition for our club.

Just sums up Scottish football and Scotland in general tbh. Nobody is allowed to have ambition.

Fitzpatrick got mocked for claiming St Mirrens "natural place" is in the top 6, despite them not finishing in the top 6 for about 30 years.

I liked it when the BBC put together a big "told you so" video on Twitter about Fitzpatrick's comments when Saints looked like securing a top six spot, only for them to then bottle it and make them look stupid.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And what 'ambition' do you assume that to be?

I was replying to a post by sergie’s No1 fan, and saying that I felt that any ambition by Nelms is to basically bin the smaller clubs in the country.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was replying to a post by sergie’s No1 fan, and saying that I felt that any ambition by Nelms is to basically bin the smaller clubs in the country.

Based on what? 

The whole drama last season was based on him thinking he could be pivotal in making a larger top flight in the Scottish system and we've consistently voted against Colt sides.

In saying that though, he might change his mind on that, he's been listening to Strachan's advice for the best part of a season. I'd be disappointed in him if he has changed his mind in that regard as he's been fairly steadfast in that before. But his comments today don't really do anything to contradict that.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not at all he is just pointing out that all clubs have different agendas.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I clearly am not reading it the same way you or anyone else raging about it is. Nelms was asked about the divisions and fractured agendas of the SPFL, and he said that he could see a scenario where the different group of clubs could break off if they were aggrieved enough. Nelms' big thing is that he wants reconstruction, which is evidently self-benefitial as it would give us a much better chance of remaining a top flight club. He's never made any indication of wanting to keep a smaller closed shop, and my tone would change considerably if that was proved otherwise at any point. If anything changes, my tone towards him will change very swiftly, and I'll join in the anger, but in this article in particular Nelms is just saying that a repeat of the SPL-SFL breakaway could happen if the clubs continue to disagree on certain issues.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I clearly am not reading it the same way you or anyone else raging about it is. Nelms was asked about the divisions and fractured agendas of the SPFL, and he said that he could see a scenario where the different group of clubs could break off if they were aggrieved enough. Nelms' big thing is that he wants reconstruction, which is evidently self-benefitial as it would give us a much better chance of remaining a top flight club. He's never made any indication of wanting to keep a smaller closed shop, and my tone would change considerably if that was proved otherwise at any point. If anything changes, my tone towards him will change very swiftly, and I'll join in the anger, but in this article in particular Nelms is just saying that a repeat of the SPL-SFL breakaway could happen if the clubs continue to disagree on certain issues.

Definition: “raging” - staple P&B description of someone who disagrees with someone else.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If Nelms did mean that in the interview, then I think he was just trolling Ann Budge who (iirc) said almost exactly the same thing a few months before her team headed to the seaside for a year........................

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

*DING* Oh look, another moron who read a misleading headline and got mad.

Nelms ; last year diddy teams I saved you! Now I’m out the diddy league the draw bridge needs pulled. 

12 months from now if things go badly the Brechin-esqué statement will be put out!😀

Edited by Gorgie greatness

On 27/05/2021 at 18:57, craigkillie said:

I liked it when the BBC put together a big "told you so" video on Twitter about Fitzpatrick's comments when Saints looked like securing a top six spot, only for them to then bottle it and make them look stupid.

I liked it even better when Broadfoot bought his own contract out and ended up relegated. Egg on his face once again. 😂