Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I haven't seen anyone blaming him, but then again I don't pay much attention to what our ex-players think. Alessio is well down the list of folk to blame for this, behind Alex Dyer, the board, James Fowler, the players and Colin Doyle's parents. He started the slide by squandering the club's biggest opportunity to estabish ourselves as top half regulars, but there were plenty of opportunities to halt that slide and we made the wrong decision at basically every turn.

on Fowler. There are two really strange moves from Killie this season are selling Brophy and Findlay.

Not particularly that these guys left but that they were regularly starting and there seemed to be no immediate replacements lined up. Two weeks later before George oakley was unveiled, and Fowler was talking up an arsenal youth player to replace  Findlay who had been good enough to play for Scotland.

Baffling stuff.

And I was looking at Alessio's signings and there were a whole bunch of loanees. Not really the signings you want to make if you are looking to build something. Fowler seemed to be hired in response to Alessio's signing policy. the obvious problem is that he went on to recruit a load of shite.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

7 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

It all went wrong when the chairman being too ambitious and too forward thinking brought in a “top” international coach to a small provincial Scottish football club. The culture shock to mediocre players who out performed the previous season inevitably led into a downward spiral to relegation.

Gary Caldwell says the same about his time at Thistle.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

on Fowler. There are two really strange moves from Killie this season are selling Brophy and Findlay.

Not particularly that these guys left but that they were regularly starting and there seemed to be no immediate replacements lined up. Two weeks later before George oakley was unveiled, and Fowler was talking up an arsenal youth player to replace  Findlay who had been good enough to play for Scotland.

Baffling stuff.

And I was looking at Alessio's signings and there were a whole bunch of loanees. Not really the signings you want to make if you are looking to build something. Fowler seemed to be hired in response to Alessio's signing policy. the obvious problem is that he went on to recruit a load of shite.

Brophy wasn't sold - he signed a PCA  with St Mirren and we let him go there on loan early.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I didn't realise just how bad Killie were.  That team the other night would've been lower half Championship.  An utter shower over the 2 games.

I was the same, I assume those two performances were worse than they've performed all season or else they'd have been relegated yonks ago. I don't think there's a single team from this season's championship that wouldn't have given us a harder game over 2 legs. 

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Why do you persist with this "the" Caley pish? Did Caley die and have to start again?

Back on topic, see ya Killie.

Because it annoys so many people on here.

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Aberdeen finished bottom in season 1999/2000, when St Mirren and Dunfermline were promoted. Aberdeen only stayed up as Falkirk in third place spent heehaw on Brokenville. No doubt that chump @Mr. Alli will red dot another fact. He loves to red dot rather than debate. 

Yet another bam who believes everything he reads / listens to on the Daily Record / Sportsound / P&B, and doesn't understand the subtle, or actually not so subtle, difference between a team having to play a relegation playoff, and a team actually getting relegated.  

54 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Why do you persist with this "the" Caley pish? Did Caley die and have to start again?

Back on topic, see ya Killie.

"The Caley" is used by their fans to try and stop the more commonly used "The Cat Ticklers" that is prevalent across the world.

Edited by Steve_Wilkos

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Aberdeen finished bottom in season 1999/2000, when St Mirren and Dunfermline were promoted. Aberdeen only stayed up as Falkirk in third place spent heehaw on Brokenville. No doubt that chump @Mr. Alli will red dot another fact. He loves to red dot rather than debate. 

There is a chance that Aberdeen could falter under Glass. This will be the most competitive league outside the gruesome twosome for many a season. Great to have some decent derbies back. Just a shame that Morton are not in the top league and are highly unlikely to be for another few decades. 

25C5D6AC-D01D-4ADD-9C5E-95A3B76343D8.thumb.jpeg.29058f23833689814e933a27c6e55927.jpeg

In fairness Brockville made New Douglas Park look like Tottenham’s new ground. There was no way anyone sane would have wanted it in the top flight in 2000.