Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

Why do they deserve better?
Any set of football fans deserve better than a group of players like that who fail to produce any kind of meaningful fight and quality over two legs and go down with such a whimper. I personally don't think that is too much of an ask.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

28 years at the top was a pretty good run for Kilmarnock considering everyone except Celtic and Aberdeen (and the Dons could have done) have had at least one season out of the top flight during that time.

Ahem.....

35 years and counting. It has included a 6-1 demolition of the New Rangers. A league reconstruction and Falkirk having a toilet for a stadium but all things considered it is a remarkable achievement given all the other sides demoted and / or relegated in that time. 

Lets face it Celtic will never be relegated and nor will Aberdeen in all likelihood. I know the latter came close a couple of times but less likely to happen again. So it is TB3 now.

It will be the toughest league in a while next year. St Mirren with Goodwin at the helm are less likely to be mince. Depends also as to who gets appointed as Manager at Ross C, DDee Utd and possibly even Livi. 

Bound to catch up with us one day. Hopefully not for a while yet. 

Any set of football fans deserve better than a group of players like that who fail to produce any kind of meaningful fight and quality over two legs and go down with such a whimper. I personally don't think that is too much of an ask.

Wrong

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4853.jpgIMG_4852.jpg

Just watched highlights on BBC. Two things that stand out. 

1. It was never, ever a penalty. Said so at the the time, I'm actually more bothered about it now. Laughably bad decision from the referee. 

2. Who is the Killie defender who - with Ashcroft meeting the ball with his head about nine foot in the air - is closest to him at this point and trying to clear it with his foot it appears? :lol:

Well done Dundee. Thanks for proving me wrong! 
My mate was working there and said after the game a load of Killie fans were trying to get in and attack the players and their cars. Very nearly took one of metal gates off the hinges. Gary Dicker was getting chants aimed at him and Kyle Lafferty went over to have a word and calm them down. somehow I dont think that will make the media
Things that never happened thread for this pish.

11 hours ago, welldaft said:

Prescient......

Wish Jon Nelms could face the fucking camera 🤬. I am getting dizzy.

Well done Dundee.

Long live TB3.....

In all seriousness, who would now be the 4th team?

Ok this might seem a little unkind, but where did it all go wrong for Killie? 

IMHO sacking Alessio was basically a player revolt. For example,  KB refused to play for him, left the team and once he was gone he dumped Saints (where to be honest he'd been shite) . That same "player power," probably both undermined Dyer and kept him in place. longer than he should have . 

Fully expect TW to get shove (by mutual consent of course) and someone "Who understands the club," to be promoted from the inside. 

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Wrong

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4853.jpgIMG_4852.jpg

Take  your Rangers obsession elsewhere please.

Dundee are a big enough team that the love of the team outweighs the bitterness towards either cheek of the OF erse.

Seems even an historic double  win hasn't changed that mindset in Perth and elsewhere yet.

Thank you.

It all went wrong when the chairman being too ambitious and too forward thinking brought in a “top” international coach to a small provincial Scottish football club. The culture shock to mediocre players who out performed the previous season inevitably led into a downward spiral to relegation.

Is it because he's foreign he gets the blame? 

There was more than enough talent in that Kilmarnock squad to not get relegated. That isn't Alessio's fault. Bewildering he's getting cast up about it after being away for so long. He left 18months ago - with the team sitting fifth in the league.