Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I'm 29 so essentially Kilmarnock have been part of the furniture of the top league for me. Tonight is a big change in that regard. Feel heartfelt sorry for Kilmarnock fans who deserve better.

This.

When Kilmarnock went up Meadowbank Thistle, Clydebank, Airdriedonians and Rangers still existed. Berwick and East Stirlingshire were in the Scottish League. Ross County, Elgin, Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Inverness Thistle and Inverness Caledonian were in the Highland League. Annan Ath and Edinburgh City were East of Scotland League. New boys Kelty were Fife Juniors.

Football was being played at Kilbowie, Boghead, Brockville, Firs Park now all long gone. And fanzines were a thing.

28 years at the top was a pretty good run for Kilmarnock considering everyone except Celtic and Aberdeen (and the Dons could have done) have had at least one season out of the top flight during that time.

10 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@Yflab  apparently really bitter about something. Surprised he's not working on that massive £140K surplus St. Mirren already have in the bank.

He's an exceptionally angry individual. I put a post in the Dundee topic saying how happy I was for Charlie Adam after losing his mum, contracting covid and being apart from family all within a year that gaining promotion with Dundee (a team he grew up supporting and stood on the terrace with his dad who has also passed) would give him a real boost. 

Horrible bastirt red dotted it within about 10 seconds. 

Some man is Flab. A horrible one, sadly. 

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

This.

When Kilmarnock went up Meadowbank Thistle, Clydebank, Airdriedonians and Rangers still existed. Berwick and East Stirlingshire were in the Scottish League. Ross County, Elgin, Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Inverness Thistle and Inverness Caledonian were in the Highland League. Annan Ath and Edinburgh City were East of Scotland League. New boys Kelty were Fife Juniors.

Football was being played at Kilbowie, Boghead, Brockville, Firs Park now all long gone. And fanzines were a thing.

28 years at the top was a pretty good run for Kilmarnock considering everyone except Celtic and Aberdeen (and the Dons could have done) have had at least one season out of the top flight during that time.

Killie 28 years in the top league!!!

Fair play to them.

Never even noticed that.

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

This.

Motherwell too.

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

241925051_giphy(6).gif.678c523af6f70f5d9d0bd0ef1e8bf436.gif

What kind of explanation do they want from Dicker? What difference would it make coming out with cliché pish about "all hurting and bouncing back"?

They got schooled by Dundee in 2 games and got deservedly relegated.  The board picked shite managers, the players have been poor, they lost loads of games. No further explanation needed.

22 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

What kind of explanation do they want from Dicker? What difference would it make coming out with cliché pish about "all hurting and bouncing back"?

They got schooled by Dundee in 2 games and got deservedly relegated.  The board picked shite managers, the players have been poor, they lost loads of games. No further explanation needed.

Great scenes if he come out and said "Why do you want to see me? I don't work for you. My deal is up and so is your time in the Premiership" before waltzing off whistling always look on the bright side of life. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

This.

This is artwork.

Also, NSCA Mosaic, the first Web browser, was released only three months before They got promoted. There were, at the time, less than 200 websites in the world. P&B wasn't one of them, though had it been, its performance on dial-up would have been similar to today's.

Well done Dundee. Thanks for proving me wrong! 

My mate was working there and said after the game a load of Killie fans were trying to get in and attack the players and their cars. Very nearly took one of metal gates off the hinges. Gary Dicker was getting chants aimed at him and Kyle Lafferty went over to have a word and calm them down. somehow I dont think that will make the media

As an aside I dont get the hate that was aimed at Dicker. I heard them from my mates video and it was embarrassing for a neutral. The guy has been there 5 or so years, has had some great times as well as bad. He certainly wasnt the worst kilmarnock player from this seasons squad 

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My mate was working there and said after the game a load of Killie fans were trying to get in and attack the players and their cars. Very nearly took one of metal gates off the hinges. Gary Dicker was getting chants aimed at him and Kyle Lafferty went over to have a word and calm them down. somehow I dont think that will make the media

Your mate has a very vivid imagination.... that never happened, I was there.

Lafferty came out to ask if they could be allowed to go home as Dicker & Broadfoot were to scared to come out the dressing room and face the 50 or so fans assembled. 

It was made very clear to him nobody had any intention of harming anyone or their property, in fact plenty of the other players had left by this point with no threats of violence or damage to their cars, only our frustrations were vented.....

Christ the Police, who arrived earlier, on mass, outnumbered us at that point ffs.

Edited by C4mmy31

I've got a pal who supports Killie so sad for him tonight but otherwise pleased to have Dundee up instead.

Might have been mentioned earlier but when was the last time the top flight had Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies? Feels like it must've been ages ago

2 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I've got a pal who supports Killie so sad for him tonight but otherwise pleased to have Dundee up instead.

Might have been mentioned earlier but when was the last time the top flight had Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies? Feels like it must've been ages ago

Hasn't happened since the 2004-05 season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee