Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

Killie have been stinking out the top flight for years - save for a couple of years under Clarke. Get them doon.
Both teams to score is a banker in both legs, surely. The tie will be decided by either Lafferty or Adam.

I far prefer Killie's chances over two legs than I would have Countys. I think they'll have enough for Dundee but it will be close. I'll be having btts both legs for sure. 

I would personally prefer Killie to stay up as it's one of the best away days and two Dundee teams to go away to isnt massively inspiring. Assuming away fans are allowed back of course.

Also based on absolutely nothing I'd imagine Dundee will struggle in the top flight next season and I'd expect Killie to kick on a bit with Wright. So maybe I actually want Dundee to win. 

Havering pish from me here. Apologies to all who have read it. 

I would love the Ayrshire derbies back, but Unless Killie really shit the nest I don’t see it. After playing Dundeethree times I cannot see Them beating Killie, comfortable two leg victory, and the hype around Charlie Adam to be the difference don’t make me laugh, never got a kick against us three times and that was a poor Ayr team this year who scraped through survival.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

As somebody just used to having Killie on Sportscene every weekend, I find it utterly incomprehensible that they were continuously outwith the top tier for an entire decade from the early 80s to early 90s.  

"Nothing is certain except from death, taxes and Killie being in the top tier" - somebody, somewhere.

Don't forget their drop to the 3rd tier during that spell. 

Kiss Me Quick hats and candy floss at the ready for Killie next season.  

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Fairly mental that in all the time I've been following Scottish football (~27 years)  I've  yet to 'see' a league game between Killie & Ayr.

Will 21/22 finally be that season?   :rolleyes:

I was talking to my mate earlier about the season Thistle went up 2nd to Dundee in 1991/1992 season. That year we beat both the gubbins Ayrshire mobs 4 times each in the  league. Kilmarnock went onto win the league the following season and haven't been relegated since and Ayr have never won promotion to the Premier League, SPL or SPFL Premiership. 

Almost 30 years ago...shit...I feel old. 

Not sure if Kilmarnock would bully their way out of the second tier if relegated or if they would struggle to get promoted again?

Dundee are so random they may be strong title candidates if they stayed down or just middle table pish.

Que sera, sera may the least pish team achieve top flight status next season...

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

8:15pm kick-off for the Dens leg. Any reason why it's been pushed to this time instead of the usual 7:45pm?

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Maybe an English game on at 6?

The League 2 play-off between Tranmere and Morecambe is on the same Sky channel with a 6pm ko.

These two swapping leagues for next season would bring a return to the fixture list for the Ayrshire derby, Tayside derby and Dundee derby. 

Do it. 

What is this Tayside Derby of which you speak?

I would love the Ayrshire derbies back, but Unless Killie really shit the nest I don’t see it. After playing Dundeethree times I cannot see Them beating Killie, comfortable two leg victory, and the hype around Charlie Adam to be the difference don’t make me laugh, never got a kick against us three times and that was a poor Ayr team this year who scraped through survival.
I assume you never watched the first leg against Raith? He singlehandedly won Dundee the game.

It's irrelevant how shite he was against you, he's capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Lawrence Shankland has been completely anonymous against us in every game but I still appreciate he's a decent player.

If Dundee of the first Raith leg show up they'll have a shout. If it's the team that showed up yesterday then it'll be a comfortable Killie victory.

Bet365 chalked up already for the 1st leg.

13/5 Dundee 😮

20/21 Killie 😆

13/5 draw.

That is just WRONG.

Doesn't matter who you think will win the overall tie, Killie should be nowhere near odds-on to win at Dens in my estimation. I'd be surprised if any other compiler had them shorter than 11/8 on their tissue. Now Bet365 have gone up, everyone else SHOULD go 11/10 Killie. 

13/5 Dundee over 90 minutes is an outstanding bet. I doubt the price will last long. I've just taken it. I advise others to get on.

No prices to win the tie quoted as yet.

*Edit: No market yet on Betfair. 

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Added information.

Guest Bob Mahelp

This would seem to be an unusual play-off game, as both teams seem to be in decent form coming into it. Between them they only have one defeat in their last 10 games (Killie away to Motherwell).

Usually the team 2nd bottom of the Premiership would be struggling, but I don't think Killie are. 

It'll be a tight-run thing, but I have a feeling that Killie will just squeak it over the 2 legs....3 -2 on aggregate. 

8 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Killie should be nowhere near odds-on to win at Dens in my estimation.

Why?

Dundee just there to Raith, while Kilmarnock were thoroughly hammering Hamilton. Raith don't have anyone near the quality of Lafferty either.