Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Are fans definitely going to be allowed in? 

Killie will win over the 2 legs. Look in 2016 when Falkirk were flying, won the first league, then the game at Rugby Park they were trounced. 

We've announced a ballot to allow 600 fans in. Can't see why we wouldn't be allowed.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Fairly mental that in all the time I've been following Scottish football (~27 years)  I've  yet to 'see' a league game between Killie & Ayr.

Will 21/22 finally be that season?   :rolleyes:

None chance.  Kilmarnock have the poorest central defenders this side or, erm, Hamilton, but midfield to front they should have too much for Dundee.  That said, Kilmarnock’s centre backs are truly dreadful.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

None chance.  Kilmarnock have the poorest central defenders this side or, erm, Hamilton, but midfield to front they should have too much for Dundee.  That said, Kilmarnock’s centre backs are truly dreadful.

We have the exact same issues. Our defence is chronic (although, only conceded 4 in 8 games, I believe) but if Charlie Adam & Jordan McGhee are in midfield with Jason Cummings up top then we have a chance.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We have the exact same issues. Our defence is chronic (although, only conceded 4 in 8 games, I believe) but if Charlie Adam & Jordan McGhee are in midfield with Jason Cummings up top then we have a chance.

Yeah.  None chance was a little dismissive.  You definitely do.

1 minute ago, Duszek said:

One* worries that if Killie go down, it could be years before they get back.

As somebody just used to having Killie on Sportscene every weekend, I find it utterly incomprehensible that they were continuously outwith the top tier for an entire decade from the early 80s to early 90s.  

"Nothing is certain except from death, taxes and Killie being in the top tier" - somebody, somewhere.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Wow, thank you for describing our team too. Nothing about their defensive qualities scare me, and if they keep Doyle in the net I'll be delighted. Legzdins easily the better keeper imo.

It's all about keeping them out, something we've gotten a lot better at as of late. Still want Elliott sat firmly on the fucking bench, but Kerr is still bossing it at LB.

Hopefully Fontaine is back for this one, we need McGhee in centre midfield if we're going to have the physical attacking threat from midfield we had in the 1st leg.

Our front four have finished the season tremendously - 24 goals in our last 9 games, including two 4s and four 3s, so I'm expecting us to be amongst the goals.

However, our defensive record is hopeless, with 12 conceded in the same period including two 3s against St Mirren. I think Dundee have a better attack than any of those we've played against in that period, except for Motherwell.

The biggest concern is Adam's balls behind the full-backs, given that's his biggest strength and our biggest weakness.

Genuinely think this is going to be very high scoring and also probably very tight.

The biggest thing McPake needs to solve is stopping teams going down our right flank, since they know Elliott is pretty hopeless and caves in constantly. If Marshall is fit, I really would be looking at him returning to the first XI, and Kerr shifting to his natural RB.

Surely these games aren't boring 0-0 draws at least, right?

Can’t see anything other than an easy Killie victory but who knows.
Hopefully Marvin* is in attendance. As Kilmarnock’s most famous resident he certainly should be.

* if the poor b*****d has kicked the bucket I sincerely apologise and sympathies to Dayna and Bullet.

McGhee in midfield. That's all I ask. 

Kilmarnock really should be winning this at a canter so absolute fucking lol's if they can't, shame it'll mean us going up - needing basically a complete clear out - and having James McPake as a Scottish Premiership manager.

Dem lolz be shortlived.