BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

1 hour ago, Lowland enthusiast said:

Clearly i don't have figures on what the club spend as a whole. But i am aware that certain players are on really big money. Are you happy with mid table and 2nd round Scottish exit ? 

Again what has the club spent on the whole ??? Which players are on big money ?? i was aware that certain fund raisers have funded players. But what are we using as a pay benchmark ?? Kelty?? Bonnyrigg ?? Vale of Leithen ?? 

Personally speaking Cup exit to a higher opposition and seeing the highlights is no disgrace, Mid table less so but after the fall from grace and the lurgy going round and the turmoil we have just gone through. You cannot expect instant success. signs are improving, I'm happy with that

2 hours ago, Lowland enthusiast said:

Clearly i don't have figures on what the club spend as a whole. But i am aware that certain players are on really big money. Are you happy with mid table and 2nd round Scottish exit ? 

Clearly you have a sh1t name when your posts are never enthusiastic about anything other than rubbishing a particular team or manager connected to the Lowland League. Clearly you are just on the rise wanting to get reactions, when some of your questions border on the ridiculous. 

‘Are you happy ... and 2nd round Scottish exit’. Berwick should be getting beat from Stirling, given they are in a lower league and Stirling 2nd top of their division’.

’I clearly don’t have figures on what the club spend’, but clearly keep on spouting about how much money they are spending’.

Have a Kit-kat; have a break......... 

On 24/10/2021 at 12:02, tamthebam said:

Obviously I wasn't at the game but you lost a late winner to a Stirling team who are the best in L2 after cash splashing Kelty.

The performances were more those of two top half Lowland League sides than a mid table one and second top of L2. We are lucky to be in the draw for round 3, little urgency till the last few minutes and second to most second balls

10 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Clearly you have a sh1t name when your posts are never enthusiastic about anything other than rubbishing a particular team or manager connected to the Lowland League. Clearly you are just on the rise wanting to get reactions, when some of your questions border on the ridiculous. 

‘Are you happy ... and 2nd round Scottish exit’. Berwick should be getting beat from Stirling, given they are in a lower league and Stirling 2nd top of their division’.

’I clearly don’t have figures on what the club spend’, but clearly keep on spouting about how much money they are spending’.

If this is  the case I'm looking to get a rise then job complete with you yeh. But unfortunately this is not my intentions. Just my opinion on Berwick don't have to get urself all upset opinions are allowed. It's true I'm not particularly fond of Berwick infact their demise had brought me a little satisfaction. 💰💰💰💰

13 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

Personally speaking Cup exit to a higher opposition and seeing the highlights is no disgrace, Mid table less so but after the fall from grace and the lurgy going round and the turmoil we have just gone through. You cannot expect instant success. signs are improving, I'm happy with that

With Auchinleck Pollok Clydebank Kilwinning Darvel and Irvine Meadow as well as Tranent Penicuik Linlithgow Jeanfield etc champing at the bit to get a shot at the pyramid, no offence intended, you better hope your improvement happens quick otherwise you might just find the East Premier your level. 

Its little wonder the LL are in no rush to open up their relegation structure. 

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

With Auchinleck Pollok Clydebank Kilwinning Darvel and Irvine Meadow as well as Tranent Penicuik Linlithgow Jeanfield etc champing at the bit to get a shot at the pyramid, no offence intended, you better hope your improvement happens quick otherwise you might just find the East Premier your level. 

Its little wonder the LL are in no rush to open up their relegation structure. 

No offence taken, but i whole heartedly agree, if the afore mentioned clubs came into the LL and tanked us then clearly we ain't good enough to be in the LL.

Like i said we seem to have a boardroom spat every 15 years or so, having just had that and the infamous Johnny Harvey, then the lurgy we're only just on an even keel. but point being we were'nt good enough to be in League 2 and got relegated. it was what we deserved, believe this season is an improvement hopefully that'll continue

18 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

I suspect his feet may be yellow. 

Following discussion on the Clyde thread I was wondering how McGrath is doing for you.

Do you see any qualities that you feel can sustain him as League One player next season? Is he better quality than the Lowland League players he plays with and against?

On 27/10/2021 at 18:43, haufdaft said:

Following discussion on the Clyde thread I was wondering how McGrath is doing for you.

Do you see any qualities that you feel can sustain him as League One player next season? Is he better quality than the Lowland League players he plays with and against?

He put in a great shift against Stirling in the cup - as did everyone else in the team.

Fair to say though that he hasn't looked confident in front of goal - and we desperately need someone who is - so he isn't exactly the most popular loanee we've ever had. I don't see a League 1 player just now and I'd say that if all the squad were fit, I'd expect him to be on the bench.

Having said that, a bit more confidence and experience and he could still make it. 

He put in a great shift against Stirling in the cup - as did everyone else in the team.
Fair to say though that he hasn't looked confident in front of goal - and we desperately need someone who is - so he isn't exactly the most popular loanee we've ever had. I don't see a League 1 player just now and I'd say that if all the squad were fit, I'd expect him to be on the bench.
Having said that, a bit more confidence and experience and he could still make it. 
Curious to what Danny Lennon saw that was worthy of awarding a two year contract to him.

By the sounds of it we shouldn't be expecting him to return to Broadwood as a first team player.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Good luck to Wee Gers.

On 25/10/2021 at 19:34, Casey Jones said:

Another defeat what's this weeks excuse.

2 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

So where's my ole mate Lowland Enthusiast ??

3-0 win against Edinburgh Uni, I was expecting a  bemoaning that it wasn't good enough, it was only Ediburgh Uni etc. to further his cause.

Now I'm disappointed 

Hahaha any win in this league is a good win. Took you a few weeks to reply tho few defeats have anything to do with it. Lol i hope you do believe in Malcolm and shanks as Berwick will get nowhere with that pair of imposters.

Edited by Lowland enthusiast

My dear Lowland How are you ??

Yes it has been a few weeks and yes we've had the defeats but I'm pretty sure we weren't expecting any joy with Rangers and Celtic, and indeed Stirling in the Cup but the improvement on the pitch is evident.

I am not to sure what Malcolm did to you, hoofed your cat ?? But look who our managers have been Johnnie Harvey, Colin Cameron, and to a certain extent Yano, By no means are we there yet? but happy with little steps, who knows we may get claudio ranieri yet 

Edited by berwicksfinest

5 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

My dear Lowland How are you ??

Yes it has been a few weeks and yes we've had the defeats but I'm pretty sure we weren't expecting any joy with Rangers and Celtic, and indeed Stirling in the Cup but the improvement on the pitch is evident.

I am not to sure what Malcolm did to you, hoofed your cat ?? But look who our managers have been Johnnie Harvey, Colin Cameron, and to a certain extent Yano, By no means are we there yet? but happy with little steps, who knows we may get claudio ranieri yet 

Rangers have indeed suffered a few defeats one of them being to gala so don't think it can be classed as a brilliant defeat if there is such a thing but hey whatever you are happy with. PS i wish he did boot a cat not really a cat fan myself. 

43 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

Yes Rangers have had defeats, however it was clear we werem't good enough, like today, but i think at the minute, getting on a even keel is preferable and hopefully in time the results will come.

what have the moggies done to you ?? crapped in the garden ??

Superb defeat today tho 🤷 cats they smell.