Jump to content

BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22


Pugsley
 Share

Recommended Posts

Enjoyed watching Rangers Bairns at Berwick yesterday. I didn't expect to see a win for the Dream Team, so I approached the game as a training day for our team.

RB are the future stars of the Premier League and they were sharp, quick and very agile, as you would expect from Scotland's junior elite.

It's a shame that Taylor-McKenzie was suspended, he would have given us an extra edge.

Looking forward now to our next game, in the hope that our players learned from this experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Pugsley said:

Enjoyed watching Rangers Bairns at Berwick yesterday. I didn't expect to see a win for the Dream Team, so I approached the game as a training day for our team.

RB are the future stars of the Premier League and they were sharp, quick and very agile, as you would expect from Scotland's junior elite.

It's a shame that Taylor-McKenzie was suspended, he would have given us an extra edge.

Looking forward now to our next game, in the hope that our players learned from this experience.

I'm going to guess that a maximum of two players in that team will play more than 5 games for Rangers. If they were genuinely future Premiership players they wouldn't be getting sent out to play in the Lowland League at their age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm going to guess that a maximum of two players in that team will play more than 5 games for Rangers. If they were genuinely future Premiership players they wouldn't be getting sent out to play in the Lowland League at their age.

I doubt even the guys on loan to the championship are going to play many games for there first team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pugsley said:

Enjoyed watching Rangers Bairns at Berwick yesterday. I didn't expect to see a win for the Dream Team, so I approached the game as a training day for our team.

RB are the future stars of the Premier League and they were sharp, quick and very agile, as you would expect from Scotland's junior elite.

It's a shame that Taylor-McKenzie was suspended, he would have given us an extra edge.

Looking forward now to our next game, in the hope that our players learned from this experience.

EwRqrq9XEAAix4f.jpg.baea1503c2b04e295fce32c143c0c69c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ended up at Peffermill after Newtongrange p-p. Berwick always in control,playing half decent possession stuff. Thought no.11 Cameron Dow a live wire in the first half, 2-1 a bit harsh. as the Uni hardly threatened.More goals should have come in the second half, whilst the Uni subs gave them a bit of life without creating much.1-4 about right, good support from Berwick, well done on making the trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOW. Huge RESPECT to the Vale players for their resilience, especially for their keeper, who looked knackered, soaking wet and rather muddy after pulling off some fine saves fom the Berwick onslaught.

Some good goals from Berwick who seemed to be enjoying themselves in the very slippery conditions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really bad defeat in a game which didn't entertain.

Definitely better team before HT with Smith missing a couple of chances.  More even contest after break - they took lead, we equalised through Smith, they hit bar, we hit post.

Not much to shout about in extra-time. Rallied latterly and were on top again during last 15mins, but they missed 2 good headers. Then we failed to see out a couple of winning positions in shootout.


By my reckoning that was our first taste of extra-time since beating Alloa in the League Cup R1 way back in August 2015.

Also continues our pretty horrendous record in penalty shootouts...

Jul 2012       Challenge Cup                         lost H v Queen's Park
Jul 2014       Challenge Cup                         won A v Queen's Park
Oct 2015     East of Scotland Cup            won H v Lothian Thistle HV

Jul 2016       League Cup groupstage     lost H v Albion Rovers
Jul 2016       League Cup groupstage     lost A v Clyde
Jul 2017       League Cup groupstage     lost A v Edinburgh City
Oct 2021     South Challenge Cup           lost H v Broxburn Athletic

Edited by HibeeJibee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Broxburn. Berwick were all over the place. Some heavy tackles in the first half and a card happy ref set the tone for the afternoon.

Very frustrating and disapointing performance overall.

Whoever is in control of the pre-match 'music' needs a kick up the arse. It was way too loud and impossible to hold a conversation in the stand. The type of music needs to be looked at and get rid of that screeching earsplitting noise put out over the crap tannoy system on Saturday. I would have preffered to sit in silence than be subjected to that headache inducing noise.👎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/10/2021 at 10:22, Pugsley said:

Congratulations to Broxburn. Berwick were all over the place. Some heavy tackles in the first half and a card happy ref set the tone for the afternoon.

Very frustrating and disapointing performance overall.

Whoever is in control of the pre-match 'music' needs a kick up the arse. It was way too loud and impossible to hold a conversation in the stand. The type of music needs to be looked at and get rid of that screeching earsplitting noise put out over the crap tannoy system on Saturday. I would have preffered to sit in silence than be subjected to that headache inducing noise.👎

No a fan of Chumbawamba?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Lowland enthusiast said:

Does this result now put Malcolm and shanks under pressure. The excuse will be its a league club but the money Berwick have splashed out this year that must have been seen as a must win game. 

No. We haven't "splashed out cash". Don't really know why you think we have 

On top of that, yesterday was arguably our best performance for years. Very unlucky not to feature in today's draw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

No. We haven't "splashed out cash". Don't really know why you think we have 

On top of that, yesterday was arguably our best performance for years. Very unlucky not to feature in today's draw. 

I can only assume you are attempting to deflect from the fact Berwick have spent a fortune and are underachieving. Some of the wages players are on are incredible amounts for this level

If mid table and 2nd round Scottish exit  is acceptable to Berwick then  crack on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lowland enthusiast said:

I can only assume you are attempting to deflect from the fact Berwick have spent a fortune and are underachieving. Some of the wages players are on are incredible amounts for this level

If mid table and 2nd round Scottish exit  is acceptable to Berwick then  crack on. 

Stupid question time then, How the bloody hell do you know Berwicks Wage bill ?? Because I wouldn't have a clue. And surely this covers in the remit of GDPR.

So what do you think Berwick's wage bill is ?? And how does tha figure in splashing the cash ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

Stupid question time then, How the bloody hell do you know Berwicks Wage bill ?? Because I wouldn't have a clue. And surely this covers in the remit of GDPR.

So what do you think Berwick's wage bill is ?? And how does tha figure in splashing the cash ??

Clearly i don't have figures on what the club spend as a whole. But i am aware that certain players are on really big money. Are you happy with mid table and 2nd round Scottish exit ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...