BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

Are Berwick confident of a promotion push this season, and will the crowds stay around last year's ? tbh I saw a bit of anger when they were first relegated, but it's been quite positive ever since, maybe finding a level for the finances at this point. Not sure how long the fans could ensure staying out of the spfl though. Always enjoyed my visits, either for football or speedway ! 

12 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Are Berwick confident of a promotion push this season, and will the crowds stay around last year's ? tbh I saw a bit of anger when they were first relegated, but it's been quite positive ever since, maybe finding a level for the finances at this point. Not sure how long the fans could ensure staying out of the spfl though. Always enjoyed my visits, either for football or speedway ! 

Unlikely with the squad they have right now. Scott Taylor McKenzie is a good signing but they'll need another 5 or 6 of that level or better to even think about a push.

Good luck to Malcs and Berwick. His tenure as Loons manager was not good and a shame to end his association with the Loons given how highly regarded he was as a player. He’ll try hard for you and is a thoroughly decent guy but his tactics and team selection can be baffling. 

On 05/06/2021 at 16:12, newcastle broon said:

Seems a new manager was nae the only change this week.

Mon the Bugeaters I'm sure theres a song in there. :thumsup2

https://berwickrangers.com/club-confirms-boardroom-appointments/

Seems the new American is no stranger to these shores

https://nonleague.pitchero.com/uncategorized/exciting-times-ahead-for-alfreton-36386/

https://bpafc.com/jonathan-collura-on-his-involvement-with-bradford-park-avenue/

Jamie Pyper signed from Cowdenbeath.

And Ryan Finnie  returns to Berwick from 'Beath after playing every game there in his loan spell after the Lowland League was suspended.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the new signings and positive vibes about the place. Will be interesting to see how they all gel. Am also pleased that the decision to change management happened out of season, with enough time to let everyone get used to the change. Malcolm's LL record speaks for itself however the Forfar guys on here had some interesting things to say regards his time there. Fair to say he deserves a go and things kick on from here. Personally a top four finish would be great, any higher a bloomin joy.

43 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Alex Harris has signed for Berwick. (Ed City last season)

He's got the skill but not much physicality.

File under "playing down the Portobello Pitz in a couple of years"

As a Shire fan I'd have preferred a Sat game away to Berwick.

Not to worry though, I'm taking the Mon, Tue and Wed off work to make a long weekend of it.

Head down on the Monday morning and visit Lindisfarne for the day, then through the day on the Tue visit Seahouses then the game at night.  Home Wed morning.

I hear there's a frequent bus service through the day to Lindisfarne from/to Berwick?